Need help, Bricked Chinese Mini Maple

Discussion about the Maple and other bootloaders
RogerClark

Re: Need help, Bricked Chinese Mini Maple

Postby RogerClark » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:00 am

Which bootloader file did you use ?

The board you linked to looks like a Maple mini clone, but most Maple mini clones are made by a company called Baite
But looking at the photos on eBay , I don't see the Baite logo. Its normally in the area which is conspicuously empty on the top of that board, near the USB connector.

Nutsy

Postby Nutsy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:24 am

Currently on the boot loader rev 3 file... Yeah it looks like a baite but yep no baite logo... I guess its a clone of a clone of a clone..............

It does say;

maple
mini

under pins 14 and 13, sorry the forum keeps autocorrecting the format... the Mini starts where the L in maple is

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Ok

Very interesting

I think some boards are not compatible with the new bootloader, but its unclear why this is

madias

Postby madias » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:42 pm

As I can see on the photos, I own some of thoose boards. I bought them about 1.5 years ago on aliexpress before the BAITE ones came up. But they are full compatible with the new bootloader.
Everything back! My ones own a smaller LDO, this one uses an AMS1117.
Can you look at the at the imprint of the chip? Most of the minis are using a STM32F103C8T6 but ebay title is about a "STM32F103RCBT6" which does not exists. But on the photo I can read "STM32F103C8T6"
Another question: Do you own another maple mini (clone)? I read, that you are on mac. On some macs (like me 2009 macbook-pro) uploading wont work well. It works about 3-4 times an then I have to do everytime a manual reset (or perpetual bootloader mode) since I reset the mac.

Nutsy

Postby Nutsy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:27 pm

stm32f103cbt6
991uo

is what i got... On a mid 2012 macbook. I had some trouble getting it to work on here but its okay now... I think
Tbh i think I am having some issues. The its running slower than my Uno. and Im wondering if the clocks set slow or if I've missed something in the code to make it run faster...

madias

Postby madias » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:56 pm

0k, that's right, I was wrong myself: stm32f103cbt6 is the "good" one, a stm32f103c8t6 would be really a problem :) (only 48mhz)

Nutsy

Postby Nutsy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 pm

lol now you got me worried :P will double check tomorrow

Nutsy

Postby Nutsy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:14 pm

Deffo a B not an 8... phew

Nutsy

Postby Nutsy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:38 pm

well this is fun... Its dead again.

I can upload a sketch to it. But the sketch wont run. The light flashes like normal and stops and Nothing...

The led doesn't flash when uploading a sketch which is odd but the dfu util does its thing... But the sketch just doesnt run. Ive tried some simple sketches like blink... And nothing.

I made sure to set the led pin to 33 for this board as well as trying pin 13 just in case. They upload, just dont seem to run.

I also cant seem to flash the boot loaders any more. Failed to init device error...

Maybe its time to throw this one in the bin :(

ahull

Postby ahull » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Don't be too hasty, I would check the boot0 and boot1 pins again. Also check the crystal oscillator is actually running. If you have access to an oscilloscope that would make life easier, but even just inspecting the board carefully with a hand lens might help. Look for shorts in the vicinity of the oscillator circuitry. A few clear, closeup, well focused, good resolution photos of the faulty board might also help with the diagnosis.

I would also suggest if this one is a corpse, and you do decide to buy another, get a couple.

They are dirt cheap, but the build quality and testing/QAare the compromises that make them so cheap.

Having said that, I have yet to kill one permanently, despite several well publicised attempts to blow them up by doing stupid things. :D
- Andy Hull -

Return to “Maple Bootloader”