ahull wrote: victor_pv wrote:
Available here, until thoroughly tested, then will send a pull or merge or something to Roger:https://github.com/victorpv/TFT_ILI9163C
To use it with the standard repo SPI library comment out these 3 lines in the header file:
#define SPI_MODE_DMA 1
#define SPEED_UP 1 // Enables extra calculations in the circles routine to use fastVLine and fastHLine, only in DMA mode.
To use DMA, uncomment those lines, and download the SPI library from my repo:https://github.com/victorpv/Arduino_STM ... es/SPI/src
Once all is tested the changes to the SPI library will be integrated in Roger's repo.
Please post here if you have any issues with DMA or non-DMA.
A couple of quick questions, was all of this code merged in to Roger's master branch, and thus in to the board manager package, and is it possible to use this library with SPI2 and or SPI3 (if so, how).
Andy, I did not have time to tinker with anything for months, well, I had a little bit, but used it for other things, cause was not enough to do any serious progress on anything with the STM32.
I do not remember if I merged all the ILI libraries to Roger's repo, I believe he instead linked it as a submodule, and may have had to unlink due to issues with the library with the latest Arduino IDE
"It looks like the new IDE version 1.6.6 fails compiles if it finds anything it doesnt like about any libraries
In your library it says the maintainer is missing fromhttps://github.com/victorpv/TFT_ILI9163
Whatever latest changes I tested with that library, must be in my repo. I haven't done anything in many months now.
If you had been using the library and developed it further, you can merge your version in the repo.
Regarding using other SPI ports, I do not remember the details, but I do remember I wrote a test script that would use one SPI port for the sdcard, reading a wav file and playing it with a timer, and another SPI port using the ILI display to draw a spinning cube and show some CPU usage stats to see how much cpu cicles I was using in all that. It was fairly low usage, so I am almost sure I used DMA in both libraries on both SPI ports.
I would need to find that code to see if I hard coded the SPI2 port in one of the libraries, or modified either library to support any port. I'll try to find it if I get some time.