Load Firmware from sd

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
alboyeah

Load Firmware from sd

Post by alboyeah »

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I am working on a project with STMDuino on an STM32F103, and I need to implement firmware update via SD card by the user. The user should be able to upload a .hex or .bin file onto the SD card, start the machinery, and if the microprocessor detects a firmware file, it should flash and update the firmware.

My question is, since I am using STMDuino, is it possible to do this? Can you help me or give me some direction for this part of the project?

Thank you very much!
BennehBoy
Answers: 1

Re: Load Firmware from sd

Post by BennehBoy »

spammers are back
alboyeah

Post by alboyeah »

I'm sorry why are you calling me a spammer??
GonzoG
Answers: 26

Post by GonzoG »

It can be done, but not without using LL or CMSIS and it will need way more flash and RAM then code written in "pure" c/c++.

There are many open source bootloaders that use SD card to flash firmware. You might even find one for your MCU or might need to tweak few lines of code.
BennehBoy
Answers: 1

Post by BennehBoy »

alboyeah wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:54 am I'm sorry why are you calling me a spammer??
I wasn't, a spammer posted, and admins must have deleted the post.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

Right. I delete the user and all messages. Several bots registered and posts spam since some months. Do not hesitate to warn if you see one then I will delete user and posts.
alboyeah

Post by alboyeah »

GonzoG wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:39 pm It can be done, but not without using LL or CMSIS and it will need way more flash and RAM then code written in "pure" c/c++.

There are many open source bootloaders that use SD card to flash firmware. You might even find one for your MCU or might need to tweak few lines of code.
thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I'm not a programming wizard, I've always worked on my code on execution levels but never gone into so many depths, if you have time and I want could you explain to me more how to do it??
A thousand thanks

Return to “General discussion”