'class TwoWire' has no member named 'End'

keypunch

Re: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'End'

Post by keypunch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:40 am

Roger,

GIT still indicates "Latest commit aef93f7 5 days ago" for Arduino_STM32-master.zip. This is the version I tested with about 30 minutes ago that has a new unrelated to wire.end() error. Is there a newer version of Arduino_STM32-master.zip that I am not able to access yet?

Regards,

John L. Males
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
18 June 2017 01:40 EDT

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 am

Ummm

Thats strange

Someone else independently said that it was fixed for them

See

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... #L187-L197
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... Wire.h#140

Check your files have the end() method in them

keypunch

Post by keypunch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 am

Roger,

Perhaps I was not clear. The wire.end() compiles with the code I tested with initially. This is the same code after you made the fix to the library I tested with.

The new issue is completely unrelated to the wire library.

This means there is nothing strange nor different than someone else that has verified your fix independently. I can confirm that the wire.end(s) is at least compiled resolved. The new unrelated error means I cannot compile to a binary as yet.

No hurry for me to compile to an STM32F103 binary. I still have items to arrive that I would need to load the binary to the STM32F103 I am testing with. I have a few different TTL USB to Serial converters that should take about 4-6 weeks to arrive via a non AliExpress source. Once the code compiles I will need to make changes to pin assignments that suit a STM32F103 uC. Then wait for the TTL USB to Serial converters.

I am trying to decide what STM32F103 I will order as the "development" board to test code with to limit flash wear on the more important STM32F103s I have. I am leaning to a Black Pill rather than a Blue Pill. I know the Black Pill VBAT is tied to VCC which is not a major issue for my purposes at this time (no pun intended).

I will open the new issue later Sunday. I believe once you see the new issue you will understand it has nothing to do with the wire library. I need to try to get some sleep. Something that I have lost a fair bit of this past week unexpectly.

Regards,

John L. Males
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
18 June 2017 03:55 EDT
18 June 2017 17:24 EDT Minor typo corrections jlm