Account creation has been enabled in the Wiki

Information on the latest releases
RogerClark

Account creation has been enabled in the Wiki

Postby RogerClark » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:14 am

Hi Guys

I've enabled the Create Account feature in the wiki (wiki.stm32duino.com), so if anyone would like to add or edit to it, please feel free.

Note.
I was originally hoping to link the user database in the forum and the wiki, but I found it would not work for everyone as one system is case sensitive and the other isn't.
I did create a load of account for existing users when I setup the wiki, but that just caused even more confusion as I could not use the same passwords (as I have no idea what passwords people have used, because for obvious reasons PHPBB (the forum), doesnt store passwords in plain text)

Anyway. I guess I'll just need to lookout for spammers filling the wiki with junk, and if so I'll need to disable the account creation again, but we'll see how it goes

Cheers

Roger

edogaldo

Re: Account creation has been enabled in the Wiki

Postby edogaldo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi Roger, I just added a new wiki page for a variant board from vcc-gnd.com: http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?ti ... 32F103VET6
Since this is my first wiki contribution, before making it visible in the boards list page, I'd kindly ask you to check it, particularly respect to my choice for the picture (that I don't know whether can be copyrighted by respective owners..).

Another point is related to schematics pdf attachments: to keep coherence between the board name and the schematic name, I created a new attachment "http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=File:Vcc-gnd.com-STM32F103VET_mini-schematic.pdf" which I associated to the mini board and tried to change the attachment "http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=File:Vcc-gnd.com-STM32F103VET-schematic.pdf" uploading the non-mini version; nevertheless in the second link I keep on seeing the mini version of the schematic, I don't understand why...
Problem found: it was due to browser caching..

RogerL

Postby RogerL » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for adding this board to the Wiki. I ordered one at the weekend so the info will provide some pointers to get me started when it arrives.

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:26 pm

The page looks great, the only difference in what I normally do, is to have the top image a bit smaller.

Take a look at the bluepill page ( ie edit it, and copy the image settings, then just leave without saving and use those settings on your page)

I dont normally worry about copying images into the wiki, if someone objects we can delete them, but as these pages probably result in more sales for them, I cant imagine they would object.
( and VCC-GNDs site was offline for weeks, so if I had not copied their images and schematics, it would have been even worse ;-)

Return to “Builds and Announcements”