STM32F7xx Discovery Board

Information on the latest releases
monsonite

Re: STM32F7xx Discovery Board

Postby monsonite » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi All

I just got the Dhrystone benchmark to run on this STM32F7 board - see this topic

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76&start=20#p4222

Ken

mhelin

Postby mhelin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:12 am

monsonite wrote:Hi All

After a quick assembly job, here is the minimum populated board -including mcu, clock and reset circuitry.

The 6 pin right angle headers provide access to the debug port (USART3) and the bootload port USART1 on PA9,PA10.

ST Microelectronics have released a free to use IDE called "System Workbench" - based on Eclipse, that allows potential users to develop code without having to fork out for Keil or EVWARM toolchains. More details here http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM1 ... 3/PF261797

It comes with a lot of example code - based on the new STM327 Cube and the HAL hardware abstraction layer. Worth a look if you want free to use tools for any of the STM32F range.

EagleCAD board and schematic files attached.

Actually there are no board neither schematic files in the attached zip archive, just gerbers. Is this a 2-layer board btw?

monsonite

Postby monsonite » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Mhelin,

Please find the zipped .brd and .sch files attached.

Ken
Attachments
BOB.zip
(137.9 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

Dr_Antonio

Postby Dr_Antonio » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 am

Greetings Ken,

First at all, thank you for your time and attention making the STM32F7 BOB board, it is a "real discovery" one for STM32F7 :D

I want to ask something to you, its a pretty simple question:

-What components I need to add to bring USB connection for the STM32F7 on this board?

Sure, I will need the mini USB connector, but anything more?
I want to use this board as a replacement for STM32F4 discovery, but I am using USB native comm constantly.

As a resume: I need a 8 MHz xtal, a STM32F746VG LQFP100 microcontroller, a mini USB connector... and probably some more components?
(I only need the minimal components list to use this board with USB port connected to the STM32F7)

¡Thanks in advance for your answer!

rexnanet

Postby rexnanet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 am

monsonite wrote:Mhelin,

Please find the zipped .brd and .sch files attached.

Ken

I've only saw this post now! But many thanks for sharing this with us!

I'm trying to get some time to do this myself but it's not been easy... :) too many projects on the way lol

I have a few F746 and F429 but in 144 pin packages because I was trying to add some RAM and a display interface also to save the trouble of connecting a lot of wires...

But as this is already done I might get some 100TQFP's and give it a try. Maybe change the USB connector to a micro one... If so I'll update it here.

A F7 duino would be massive xD

Return to “Builds and Announcements”