stm32f411E-DISCO Arduino support

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
vanillahere

stm32f411E-DISCO Arduino support

Post by vanillahere »

Hello,
I am fairly new to the world of microcontrollers and I have recently started a project for automated control of DC motors for active suspension applications. Currently the system has arduino nano board which is to be replaced by the stm32f411E-DISCO board however I am not able to detect this board in Arduino IDE even after installing the packages. moreover, this particular board stm32f411E-DISCO is not to be found anywhere inside the discovery board list. What could be the alternative or workaround for this? or should i simply code inside STMCubeIDE, Arduino code seems simpler to learn. Could anyone please guide me, would be highly appreciated thank you.
dannyf

Re: stm32f411E-DISCO Arduino support

Post by dannyf »

a few things.

1. you should first try to figure out if this is a hardware problem. ST has a stand-alone programer that detects the stlink and chip it connects to. try that first.
2. arduino supports stlink so once you clear #1, you should be able to compile a simpy blinky and upload it to the chip.
3. find out the underline chip on your discovery board and select the closest board in arduino with that chip.

Return to “General discussion”