$10 O-Scope revisited

What are you developing?
ThunderOwl

Re: $10 O-Scope revisited

Postby ThunderOwl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:50 am

Great new advance, mausi_mick! Thanks for your work!! I just got some idea what needs to be added - some beeper. If that doesn't do any slowing down of main purpose, measuring and displaying. With beeper, we can clearly know did we push the number on screen, did we rotate encoder, did we click button. And with slightly different sounds for all that - it is very useful, ergonomical. What others think?
In every man's childhood, first 40 years are the hardest

mausi_mick

Postby mausi_mick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 am

Good idea ThunderOwl, and I think not difficult to realize.

But I think perhaps we need far reaching goals like

- second channel
- speech command ...

I have tested it a little in the early eighties on Sinclair ZX80, but no real success.
Only for numbers, but I had problems to differentiate words with similar phoneme like 2 and 3( in german language "zwei" and "drei").
But it was a slow processor with 1 kB Ram, and micro- Input over the socket from music cassette (as "floppy" compensation).

mausi_mick

Postby mausi_mick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:58 pm

now I have modified "function" 7: activate AD9851 DDS:

Position p=1: no Signal (default)
Position p=2,3,...255 f(AD9851) = (p-1) x 1 kHz
Position p=0: switch to touch-screen, return with "ENTER", f = input digits in Hz

if you want to switch off the signal, it's only possible via the touch-panel.

here the code:

STM32-O-Scope-AD9851_01.ino
(40.81 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

ThunderOwl

Postby ThunderOwl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 pm

mausi_mick, what exactly is control signal(s) interaction with DDS module? My point is, I want to look datasheets, could I use some other chip based module, like AD9833, AD9850, etc. Thank You!

mausi_mick

Postby mausi_mick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm

I think with the AD9850 it's similar like the AD9851, the other I don't know.

ThunderOwl

Postby ThunderOwl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Happy Chinese New Year! a.k.a., "can not order anything now". Anyway, a small question, before I try (I know, I should try myself first, but, let me ask first to smart people :) ). Question is: can I reassign non-SPI TFT signals to other STM32 ports, without causing global disasters? Namely, I would like to migrate TFT_DC PA0 to PC13, TFT_CS PA1 to PA12. I believe i am able to edit code that much, the question is - should I? Why I want that - to make connections the same with other STM32F103+TFT scope project, so I can just swap firmwares for experiments. Also, is TFT_RST in "O-Scope" actually doing anything? In some other projects it is just pulled to +V. Thanks for eventual suggestions!

P.S.: for curious here is a link
https://yadi.sk/d/QJmF7P2byAYma

rexnanet

Postby rexnanet » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm

ThunderOwl wrote: Question is: can I reassign non-SPI TFT signals to other STM32 ports, without causing global disasters? Namely, I would like to migrate TFT_DC PA0 to PC13, TFT_CS PA1 to PA12.

"Yes, you can!" :)

As for RST, some ppl connect it to VCC with a resistor and a cap. Directly haven't seen but might work. After all, who wants to reset the display after it's working? :D Or you could connect it to the STM's reset pin as on ESP8266, actually this should be the best option. But I didn't try it :)

You found this code!!! I've been searching for it :) Thanks! ;)

ThunderOwl

Postby ThunderOwl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 pm

rexnanet wrote:You found this code!!! I've been searching for it :) Thanks! ;)

I found what now? :)
Did you mean that link? Well, this is project by user "GFX" in this forum thread:
http://radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p2824497
and, all stuff released is under his "signature" (signature is a link). v1.1 is open (I tried it), v2.0 is for small fee for now.
If anyone needs some translation help, ask me, I know russian language.
Yeah, I still need to make that off-topic post with giant list of osci-projects I have collected recently. Enormous list. If I publish that, it will sure confirm my insanity. For know, just one more link, very simplistic scope (like O-Scope), but uses F303 chip, so, no "blue pill" board here. Link:
http://radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=103803
Author's name is "Fusion", there is also link in his signature (http://cvs.aiq.ru/tft22.html)
My tests of those (and more) can be seen here:
http://bildites.lv/users/ThunderJuris/albums

rexnanet

Postby rexnanet » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:03 pm

You found the GFXScope code :)

It was in a post from you (I think :) ) where you posted some pictures of it and some more scopes (ThunderJuris) precisely that last link :)
Then I was trying to get the code to get "some ideas" but couldn't find anything. And then BAM! you post this :)

My antivirus blocks the link cvs.aiq.ru saying it's dangerous :( I'll maybe try with it off for a second lol

ThunderOwl

Postby ThunderOwl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:15 pm

rexnanet wrote:You found the GFXScope code :)

It was in a post from you (I think :) ) where you posted some pictures of it and some more scopes (ThunderJuris) precisely that last link :)
Then I was trying to get the code to get "some ideas" but couldn't find anything. And then BAM! you post this :)

My antivirus blocks the link cvs.aiq.ru saying it's dangerous :( I'll maybe try with it off for a second lol

Nothing dangerous there, il looks like picture I attach here.
All pictures under ThunderJuris (me) in portal bildites.lv are my experiments, so you could just ask me, where exactly I got those codes that are in projects in my pictures :) But it is good you have it now.
At that "dangerous" page, scope by Fusion - codes you will find at the bottom of page.
PageOpen.jpg
PageOpen.jpg (53.57 KiB) Viewed 113 times

Return to “Projects”