mausi_mick

Re: $10 O-Scope revisited

Post by mausi_mick » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 pm

willfly1

Post by willfly1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:19 pm

mausi_mick wrote:on youtube:

https://youtu.be/P3nr-wi-jnA
There is another thread for DLO-130, so we don't have to hijack this one. The parameter adcMultiplier[] in variable.h is set for OpAmps in DSO hardware. You can change it for bluepill input scale.

mausi_mick

Post by mausi_mick » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:49 pm

is it possible, to take the same SPI-Bus as the display ?
Or is it to quick ?

Than I need only one Pin for CS_MCP6Sx

rexnanet

Post by rexnanet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:09 pm

MCP6S92 handles SPI speeds up to 10Mhz.
The driver already has HW-SPI option but I haven't tested it yet.
In theory it would be possible as long as the SPI speed is reconfigured every time the MCP is accessed.

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 pm

Different settings for same SPI is served by SPI.beginTransaction().

ThunderOwl

Post by ThunderOwl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:39 am

Hello again here.
Today I did some fancy thing I was planning for some time. Replaced chip on one of my "BluePill" boards with STM32F303 microcontroller.
Sure I am not the first one doing that, I know. Many have thoughts that would be nice if chinese manufacturers would make cheap "F303 Pills", but there are none (AFAIK). So, we can make one, pinouts are the same as F103. Here my pictures:
http://bildites.lv/a/pjuhvaf5#6jv5nwen
One of pics shows this board running tomeko.net "MiniScope v2d" firmware.
I thought, maybe that is something to consider here in our "O-Scope" variations. If someone write code for F303 (better ADCs, etc), with such BluePill conversion we have "drop-in, pin-compatible" hardware.
Technically, I did "blow off" old chip with hot air pistol, and soldered STM32F303CBT6 in place.
Thoughts, anyone? :)
In every man's childhood, first 40 years are the hardest

rexnanet

Post by rexnanet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 am

I've ordered some F303's but they got taxed by customs and I gave up on them... Have to wait for a new batch... :)
I was thinking the same... replace the chip on the blue pill.
But isn't the code from GFX better for this purpose? It's already functional right?

ThunderOwl

Post by ThunderOwl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:06 pm

rexnanet wrote: I was thinking the same... replace the chip on the blue pill.
But isn't the code from GFX better for this purpose? It's already functional right?
GFXscope version v2.0 (F303 based) is not free. Well, for me it is, cause I bought "rights" to v3.0 firmware, and v2 comes as a bonus, if needed. But it is impossible to "borrow" to someone (even if I would want to), they are particular chip locked. But, yes - if you have bought v2.0 firmware, then such "BluePill Pro" makes easier to experiment.
Free F303 based is FusionScope ("Murzik"), also on radiokot.ru (it translates as "radio-cat", btw. All electronics hobbyists apparently are cat-persons for some reason. I know I am). It would be easy to make "Murzik" with "BluePill Pro". Link:
http://cvs.ru/aiq/
I both cases above, there are no sources, just binaries. "O-Scope" community here is interesting with its open nature and ever-changing :)
In every man's childhood, first 40 years are the hardest

rexnanet

Post by rexnanet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:52 pm

ThunderOwl wrote: GFXscope version v2.0 (F303 based) is not free. Well, for me it is, cause I bought "rights" to v3.0 firmware, and v2 comes as a bonus, if needed. But it is impossible to "borrow" to someone (even if I would want to), they are particular chip locked. But, yes - if you have bought v2.0 firmware, then such "BluePill Pro" makes easier to experiment.
Oh, paid software/firmware... :o
ThunderOwl wrote: Free F303 based is FusionScope ("Murzik"), also on radiokot.ru (it translates as "radio-cat", btw. All electronics hobbyists apparently are cat-persons for some reason. I know I am). It would be easy to make "Murzik" with "BluePill Pro". Link:
http://cvs.ru/aiq/
I both cases above, there are no sources, just binaries. "O-Scope" community here is interesting with its open nature and ever-changing :)
cats? :D
Yep, that one looks nice but no sources... 16Msps is great!
We must keep up the freeware going on and maybe try the F303 in a new version...
Maybe we can use the same software only adjusting the ADC parts...