BluePill breakout boards

What are you developing?
Vassilis

Re: BluePill breakout boards

Post by Vassilis » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am

An interesting video for converting 3d models to kicad
I am sure that Roger has already seen that :)

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks Vassilis

I watched that video. It shows I have to add the colour to the model using Wings3D.

The STL format that is exported from OpenSCAD or FreeCad does not contain colour information :-(

After even more messing around, I've found FreeCad will open OpenSCAD files and everything except the text seems to work.

I do get some strange effects where some components are duplicated at position 0,0 which seems to a bug in FreeCAD where its retaining data from a previous OpenSCAD file I've opened. So its seems to be best to restart FreeCAD each time to make sure its internal cache is empty

visinet

Post by visinet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Roger, if you don't mind me asking, what are your breakout boards going to provide? I ask because I am currently in the process of looking to get a carrier/breakout board for the Blue Pill or RobotDyn Black Pill designed around my specific product requirements and if what you are currently working on is close to my requirement maybe we could talk about having to do a version that meets my requirements, for a price of course. If that might be possible please send me a PM and maybe we could chat about it.

Thanks

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 pm

visinet wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm
Roger, if you don't mind me asking, what are your breakout boards going to provide? I ask because I am currently in the process of looking to get a carrier/breakout board for the Blue Pill or RobotDyn Black Pill designed around my specific product requirements and if what you are currently working on is close to my requirement maybe we could talk about having to do a version that meets my requirements, for a price of course. If that might be possible please send me a PM and maybe we could chat about it.

Thanks
I was designing a board that was Blue Pill + ILI9341 touch, but then I got side tracked and added a OV7670 camera

Then I added the SD connections on the ILI9341 board,but I've realised that it makes the too expensive, as it needs to be much bigger for it to reach the far side of the ILI9341 board where the SD pins are located

So I'm backtracking to perhaps just Blue PIll + ILI9341

However, I've had too many other things on the go, and this project went onto the back burner

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Roger I'm designing a toaster/reflow controller around a bluepill. It's working now with cables running around, so I want to design a custom board to plug it all. Did you post your bluepill kicad model somewhere?
I saw the attached file in one of the first posts, not sure if that's the latest you have.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi Victor,

I'll dig it out and post it (but I'm busy at work at the moment, so it will need to wait until this evening)