Building a low cost OBC nanosatellite

eduemon

Building a low cost OBC nanosatellite

Post by eduemon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:55 pm

hello everyone,

i am eduemon, from south east asia. i am researcher in a college and i have a research, to build a low-cost On Board Computer (OBC) for nanosatellite. i have found STM32F103C generic board few days ago and i have got interested to build a simple OBC prototype using this board that can do tasks such as read and process data from sensors.

i am lucky to find this forum. Because i am new to this board, i hope i can conquer this board with the help of this forum. Thank you very much

RogerClark

Re: Building a low cost OBC nanosatellite

Post by RogerClark » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Welcome

The STM32 boards like the BluePill are very cheap, but whether they would withstand the hash enviroment of space is a different matter.

I presume there must be forums for people interested in buildimg nano satellites, so I recommend you post to one of those sites to see what sort of hardware works in space

rsc

Post by rsc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm working in the same :D and ADCS(attitude determination andcontrol subsystem) using stm32f103 with freertos and kalman filter to determine row pitch yaw, now I construct a helmholtz coil to try magnetorquers and then construct helmholtz cage for complete simulation full axis
older photo with complementary filter and only mpu6050, but enough to test program that show euler angles

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:03 pm

how to manage dq/dt ?
dissipation - conductive or radiate ?
energy & control - solar panel ?
getting whacked by a micro-meteorite - luck
getting confused by atomic particles - ditto
vacuum rated components ?
stephen