Hi !

ozolive

Hi !

Post by ozolive » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:56 am

Hi !

I'm Olivier from France, a newbie at electronics, a bit less at computing.

I'm learning the use of microcontrolers and modules, mostly thanks to the Arduino. I found stm32f1 as in bluepill a perfect replacement for atmega devices and plan to use it a few projects, as time will allow..

Thanks to everybody here !

RogerClark

Re: Hi !

Post by RogerClark » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 am

@ozolive

Welcome

On the whole, moving from AVR to STM32 is not too painful ;-)

ozolive

Re: Hi !

Post by ozolive » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:40 am

Yes, this is what i find.

Thanks to you and everybody on this board, i could in 2 days be started with the 2 STM32F103C8T6 "blue pills" i just received, changed the PA12 resistor to 1.5k, uploaded bootloader via serial (using arduino diecimilla's FTDI so no bug with CH340 on linux..), struggled a bit with the resistor thing on PC14 to get sketch upload (i believe it needs precise reset timing on Linux to enumerate correctly as a dfu.

I plan for my application to be allways connected via USB, and, i like to be able to remotely update sketch, because i get a bit of time for this stuff when i'm away generally..

That's why i tried the proposed patches by Devan, which exactly fit my needs for now.

As a result on this adventures in STM32duino-Land, i ordered another small bunch (7) of bluepill boards :)

I'm building a coloidal silver generator, and an horticultural climatic controller, and maybe propose some artisanal "automation services" locally.. But i shouldn't speak too much as i have little time atm ..

Here is climatic controller "pre-alpha" project: https://github.com/ozolive/climact

It can read and compare 2 DHT sensors, calculate dew point, and includes a basic rules engine to act on relays. Rules are stored by "EEPROM" lib.

On the host, a python process logs data as CSV files which can be seen as graph in a browser.

It is far from ready, and a bit more tested on avr. On STM32 the rule engine is still left untested (but it's near on the list..)