Hi !

Please read this if you are new to the STM32

Message to all users

I've upgraded the forum (PHPBB) to version 3.1.10 which is the last stable release in the 3.1 tree.

As far as I can tell everything is still working OK, e.g. all posts look like they are there and the attachments are OK

If anyone has any problems please PM me.
PS. Don't PM the admin account as for some reason I still don't get email notifications of these PM's (but I never have ;-)

ozolive

Hi !

Postby ozolive » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:56 am

Hi !

I'm Olivier from France, a newbie at electronics, a bit less at computing.

I'm learning the use of microcontrolers and modules, mostly thanks to the Arduino. I found stm32f1 as in bluepill a perfect replacement for atmega devices and plan to use it a few projects, as time will allow..

Thanks to everybody here !

RogerClark

Re: Hi !

Postby RogerClark » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 am

@ozolive

Welcome

On the whole, moving from AVR to STM32 is not too painful ;-)

ozolive

Re: Hi !

Postby ozolive » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:40 am

Yes, this is what i find.

Thanks to you and everybody on this board, i could in 2 days be started with the 2 STM32F103C8T6 "blue pills" i just received, changed the PA12 resistor to 1.5k, uploaded bootloader via serial (using arduino diecimilla's FTDI so no bug with CH340 on linux..), struggled a bit with the resistor thing on PC14 to get sketch upload (i believe it needs precise reset timing on Linux to enumerate correctly as a dfu.

I plan for my application to be allways connected via USB, and, i like to be able to remotely update sketch, because i get a bit of time for this stuff when i'm away generally..

That's why i tried the proposed patches by Devan, which exactly fit my needs for now.

As a result on this adventures in STM32duino-Land, i ordered another small bunch (7) of bluepill boards :)

I'm building a coloidal silver generator, and an horticultural climatic controller, and maybe propose some artisanal "automation services" locally.. But i shouldn't speak too much as i have little time atm ..

Here is climatic controller "pre-alpha" project: https://github.com/ozolive/climact

It can read and compare 2 DHT sensors, calculate dew point, and includes a basic rules engine to act on relays. Rules are stored by "EEPROM" lib.

On the host, a python process logs data as CSV files which can be seen as graph in a browser.

It is far from ready, and a bit more tested on avr. On STM32 the rule engine is still left untested (but it's near on the list..)

Return to “Welcome & FAQs”