Hi from Spain.

darkomen

Re: Hi from Spain.

Post by darkomen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:59 pm

RogerClark wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:36 am
If the Maple bootloader doesnt work, use on of the "generic" versions e.g. generic_pc13 (where PC13 is the pin number of the LED)
I success burn the boot loader, however, I can't upload a sketch, I try with maple_mini_boot20.bin and the spark core have the LED in PA13. When I burn those boot loader I can't see any usb port when I connect the board to the computer.

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:21 pm

The Spark Core V1.0 seems to be a discontinued product using a discontinued wifi chip (CC3000). You are just asking to be frustrated. You aren't going to be able to get the WIFI part working if you can't figure out how to setup pins for stm32duino. A spark core v1.0 has zero support here and people can't even get the hardware to help you. Nor would it make any sense. Didn't those cost like $35 back when they came out?

You would be better off dumping the Spark Core and getting a nodemcu for like $4. The nodemcu esp8266 solution is an inexpensive WIFI product that has people actively working on the arduino core that supports it.

BTW: The schematics show the USB_DISC on PB10 and uses 2 transistors like the Maple Mini. I don't think any of our bootloaders are setup like that.
-rick

martinayotte

Post by martinayotte » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Right ! CC3000 is a crappy design !
Almost 4 year ago, I've tried simple WebServer with this CC3000, and having a test client requesting the page every 15 seconds, the CC3000 was simply freezing in less than 1 hour, only power recycling make it running again. Searching into TI forum, I found many people complaining about same issue, but no TI employees answered for about 6 months. Finally, after those 6 months, one of them answered that the bug won't be fixed since there is the newer CC3100 design. Among those threads, we figured out that TI had the CC3000 firmware outsourced in India, but this team didn't work for TI anymore, that was one of the reasons that bugs would never got fixed ...