Hi from halfway up the mountain ...

jeremy777

Hi from halfway up the mountain ...

Post by jeremy777 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm living off-grid so many of my projects are working towards that (monitoring/managing power systems and other eco-energy related stuff) - but also an electronic musician so have some plans for things like MIDI faderboards/triggerpads and novel controllers.

I'm progressing from Pro-micro to maple mini clones drawn by the higher-spec ADC since most of my projects rely heavily on analog processing and bringing that into the digital domain for storage/visualisation etc. I have been doing most things linear/analog for a long time before starting with microcontrollers, and still believe if it can be done without a microcontroller then that is probably the simpler and quicker way to do it...

But I have been hardware programming for a LONG time - starting in the early 90's when I was 13 with a Commadore Amiga and in assembler, Amiga's were a fixed hardware platform where you were expected to hit the hardware registers to get anything done past the basics... and before that BBC micro's of course... it's almost nostalgic to be programming a system with only 20k of RAM again ;)

ChrisMicro

Re: Hi from halfway up the mountain ...

Post by ChrisMicro » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:41 am

it's almost nostalgic to be programming a system with only 20k of RAM again ;)
and probably 50-100x times the speed of the 6502 you programmed in the 90s ;-)