Greetings from Lancashire

shauns

Greetings from Lancashire

Post by shauns » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled across Arm Cortex development boards while I was looking for a more powerful alternative to the common all garden Arduino/Genuino devices. In addition I wanted to continue using the Visual Micro Add In for Visual Studio as my development environment because I am familiar with it. It is probably common knowledge here but it was relatively easy to get things going. Once I had flashed the boot loader, the device appeared as a COM n - Maple Serial device. Pretty Cool. So I have to say a huge thank you to the contributors to this site for making the task pretty painless.

My principal interests are in Robotics, IOT and motorcycles for when it stops raining here in the North of England.

regards

Shaun

RogerClark

Re: Greetings from Lancashire

Post by RogerClark » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Shaun

We have several motoring enthusiasts on the forum, both of whom where building displays for their bikes and cars / 4WD vehicles. Unfortunately I cant remember their names, but perhaps they may notice your post and chip in...

I am not sure of the status of Visual Micro with STM based boards, I know they support STM32 but I cant recall if they still have any issues and gotya's

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Found who was doing a display for their bike

http://stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 510#p26510

shauns

Post by shauns » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 am

Apologies for the delay. I had thought that I had switched on notifications on reply but apparently not. Thanks for the info on the member with the bike display. I will take a look at it when I get home as I am currently away.

I have had no problem uploading code to the Blue pill board from Visual Micro but I did flash the memory so it uses the USB port for programming. I will do some more digging and let the forum know what I find. I am using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition and the paid version of Visual Micro. I am trying to work out how to use the STMicro debugger with VM. I will post info as and when I make progress but I am not the sharpest pencil in the box.

regards

Shaun