My intro

staticmem

My intro

Post by staticmem » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 am

Hello,

I started programming back in the 80s on a Microbee computer starting out with Basic then moving on to Z80, 8086 assembly language and later on disk based Microbees using high level languages including Borland Pascal with Objects. I have been involved with Embedded systems since the 90s using Motorola HC05 and MicroPro PIC core Micros and CC5X.

These days it's mostly GCC tool chains I use to write software for PCs, Rasperberry Pi, and various Micro-controllers.

I've done quite a bit of work using the NXP ARM parts and more recently the STM32F106RB on a cheap ARM Cortex-M3 103RBT6 STM32 development board using the ST libraries. Recently have been playing around with the Arduino platform. I like the extensive range of libraries that are about and the support for the STM32 and the ESP8266 modules that I am also playing with.

I have so many unfinished projects on the go that I better get back to them now. :)

RogerClark

Re: My intro

Post by RogerClark » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:57 am

Thanks @staticmem

If you have previous MCU dev experience you should have very few problems, once you get over any initial installation etc issues