About me?

Rx7man

About me?

Post by Rx7man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:03 am

Hello all, I've been playing with Arduinos, etc for a while now doing automotive datalogging, turbo control, and similar little projects... I'm now a farmer, but in a past life was a packaging equipment tech and did lots of PLC work... Picked up some Blue Pills and was kinda stumped on how to get them to work until I came here.. It's gone from clear-as-mud to washwater... I read the entire 23 pages of "red pill vs blue pill" :lol:

Here's a rundown of the boards I'm playing with
STM8S103F3P6 for the simple stuff
Maple Mini
Discovery STM32F407VGT6
STM32F103RBT6
Blue pill STM32F103C8T6
Arduino Dues, Megas, Pro Minis, Leo, Uno
Can never have too many sensors and displays.. lots of little wee OLED's, 16x2 LCD.. Heart rate monitors, Atmospheric sensors, GPS, gyros, etc.. Just because I like playing.

Once I get the transition from Arduino under my belt I should be alright

RogerClark

Re: About me?

Post by RogerClark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 am

Welcome

Take a look in the FAQ

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2471

Re: Automotive logging. At least 2 other people on the forum have been building automotive systems.
I cant remember the usernames, but one is doing a display system for his landrover discovery and the other is doing a display system for a motorbike.

Try googling this site for "landrover site:stm32duino.com" for one of them.

I know some other guys have been working on CAN bus, but the main problem is that CAN will not work at the same time as USB, so CAN has never managed to get integrated into my core repository, (though there are other peoples "forks" of my repo which have CAN but not USB)

I thought a few weeks ago we were close to being able to integrate CAN but it would have potentially broken the USB, so its still a separate fork

Rx7man

Re: About me?

Post by Rx7man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks for the links.

CAN is important to me, moreso than USB.. but it could be implemented over SPI via MCP2551/2515 if the on-chip CAN doesn't play nice.. a bit kludgy of course.

Another project I'm contemplating just for personal edification is a standalone fuel controller for old gas-powered farm equipment.. Yes, there's lots of options out there already, I'd just like to make my own.. $50 in parts and $10,000 worth of my time should get me one :P