Long time reader , first time posting

noneyabussiness

Long time reader , first time posting

Post by noneyabussiness » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 am

Eay all from sunny North Queensland, Australia. ... where the fishing is great and everything wants to eat you...

So my first question for all the experts out there is the infamous complementry pwm and how to actually implement it.. ive read the post on here ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2561&p=34887&hilit ... pwm#p34887 ) and many more from google. .. but the question i have is how do u make them track with each other... example using a pot to adjust duty cycle ...

Hope i explainedthat properly. .

Oh i dabble in a bit of everything. .. from inverters to wifi... kinda tinker if u will..

Havagudwun
Glen

victor_pv

Re: Long time reader , first time posting

Post by victor_pv » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 pm

The first post in that therad is exactly the implementation of the complementary PWM.
You should be able to use it, as long as you use the libmaple based core.
If you use the offical STM one, then look at what the libmaple core does, and write the code to do the exact same with the STM HAL functions.
Also since the STM core is based in the HAL, if you can find any example from STM using the HAL, you should be able to use it with little modification.
If you are not sure which core you are using, check this first post:
http://stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=97

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:10 pm

G'Day from Melbourne.

I think there are half a dozen aussies on the forum

Not so many things in Victoria want to kill or eat us, but with the weather we have been getting over the last few years, I think a lot of them will be moving south..

I will check your weather e.g. Port Douglas, but I dont think its going to be much warmer than down here

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/melbourne/black-rock

Edit...

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/nth-c ... rt-douglas

I stand corrected...

Its still going to be hotter for you next week

noneyabussiness

Post by noneyabussiness » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Close. .. Townsville is where I am based... it has special whether here... it can be pouring rain 20 mins in any direction and just stinking hot here with full sun... lol u get used to it... i have spent some time in Melbourne, it is a nice place, just cant get my head around the " hook turns " .... crossing three lanes of traffic and thats legal ( and the southerners say we crazy 😜 )..

Thank you for your replys ...

Havagudwun eay,
Glen

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi Glen.

I drove though Townsville about 15 years ago on a road trip from Brissie to Cairns, but it was a whistle stop tour, so I can’t remember much.

Melbourne has pretty strange weather as well. “Four seasons in one day” etc.

Hook turns don’t bother me, but I hardly every drive in the CBD, as the traffic is generally a nightmare and parking charges are $$$,so I drive to the station and catch the train if I need to go into the centre of town.

Have a good Sunday...

noneyabussiness

Post by noneyabussiness » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 pm

You mob have the best public transport system i have ever seen (in this country of course, london now thats public transport )... so i can understand. .. thank you and same to you, enjoy your morning..

Havagudwun eay,
Glen

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Glen

Yes. The trains are possible the best service in the country... But I don't know if Sydney's trains are better as I've only used them to get in from the airport

Of course we dont have a train to the airport in Melbourne, as the state government is addicted to the revenue from the toll freeway to the airport and keeps renewing its license :-(