Introduction

shebu18

Introduction

Post by shebu18 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:35 am

I am currently working as an hardware engineer and also do some HW at home combined with SW. I currently work with the STM32 from the blue pill board and openSTM32. Some time ago i started working on an educational/beginner platform that has multiple functions and uses the blue pill board. This robot can be programmed via the standard Stlink interface or via usb.

I wanted to ask some opinions about the current feature list of the robot.

Thanks

RogerClark

Re: Introduction

Post by RogerClark » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am

welcome

What questions do you have ?

shebu18

Post by shebu18 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:42 pm

I would like to present all the features and ask the users about their opinion. Is the project useful, would people buy it, would it make sens to invest time and money in it?

This robot is the second version, the first one was based around the ATMEGA644 with sanguino bootloader. The current version switched to ARM and i made some improvements over the components and layout.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 pm

This is not the right forum for market research about what features a particular product should contain.

It’s a forum for members to help each other use the Arduno IDE on STM32 devices.

I presume your “robot”would be sold for educational purposes, but the members of this forum are highly skilled and educated already, so you should post the question on the appropriate educational forums.

shebu18

Post by shebu18 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 am

I don't want to do market research. I want an kind of review of persons that have experience in such robots/kits.

Did anybody see this kind of feature assembly? Does it make sense to invest time in such a project?

The blue pill on the robot would be flashed with the bootloader so that it can be programmed with the Arduino IDE. This would be the beginner version, the advanced one would be to program it directly with the STLink.

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:50 pm

i'm pretty sure i'd go straight to st-link, almost as cheap as a BP.
totally removes R10 issues, but then again, a BP loaded with BMProbe as a programming tool as well as debug?
stephen
<afterthought>
just supply 2 blue pills,
1st programmed as a BMP.
2nd as the target to program using st-link from BMP.
or maybe use a Baite Mini as an upgrade.
</afterthought>

shebu18

Post by shebu18 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:59 am

Thank you @zmemw16 for the feedback.

My initial idea was to deliver a Bp with the boot loader so that they can start right away. The package will also contain a st-link. After the user is familiar with the robot and programming they could start exploring working directly on the chip but if they want to revert back to the boot loader they could flash it themself.