new user first post

mjs

new user first post

Post by mjs » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:40 am

Hello from Grand Rapids Michigan USA.
Getting my feet wet with the STM32 by using a DSO138 Digital Oscilloscope project board.
Hope to follow the 2-channel upgrade that has been posted and make some modification so as to use this as a base project for a class on electronics that I volunteer teach at the local high school. Thank you Rodger Clark for taking the time in hosting this forum and sharing your experience to help others come up the learning curve.

mrburnette

Re: new user first post

Post by mrburnette » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:09 pm

and make some modification so as to use this as a base project for a class on electronics that I volunteer teach at the local high school.
My experience with teens is that you need to capture their interest and the DSO o'scope may be too much project.

We (thanks ahall) have our own o'scope version:
viewtopic.php?t=107

But, robotics and blinking lights would be my recommendation for a novice high school class.

Ray

RogerClark

Re: new user first post

Post by RogerClark » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 pm

I am no expert, but I agree with Ray, that robotics e.g racing self driving cars etc, is likely to be your best bet.

I came across some “line following” mini robots on eBay for a few dollars, which just come with an analog board that has to be soldered, which I think I would make a really cheap platform for something like this.

I have ordered some, and some $1 HBrixge modules, and was considering designing a replacement PCB , as AllPcb have a $5 offer on at the moment for 10 boards.

Though I have to admit in this case, I think I would put the ESP32 on them, as connectivity by WIFi and / or Bluetooth would be very handy