Hello. Newo to STM32

anv

Hello. Newo to STM32

Post by anv » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm programmer since... ages. Used arduino and esp8266 and decided to buy a cheap SMT32 board to learn about it.

RogerClark

Re: Hello. Newo to STM32

Post by RogerClark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome.

If you already used ESP8266,things should be easy for you with the STM32,because you already know that not all AVR code libraries etc will run ;-)

anv

Post by anv » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:55 pm

RogerClark wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm
Welcome.

If you already used ESP8266,things should be easy for you with the STM32,because you already know that not all AVR code libraries etc will run ;-)
For now I'm trying to figure out how to get my "blue pill" working as HID keyboard. I replaced the 10K resistor and I'm trying the Arduino_Core_STM32F1-USB_HID_Composite but I can't get working even the "blink" program.
Using the boards list that I can add with http://dan.drown.org/stm32duino/package ... index.json blink works OK but no USB-HID support. Using https://github.com/danieleff/Arduino_Co ... _Composite USB-HID the sample compiles but the it does not work (not even turns on the led) and can't compile blink example.

With ESP8266 it was far more easy. No problems like this.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Dan's Json file is a long way out of date.

You should manually copy the files from my repo into the hardware folder

Re: USB HID

Currently this is no built into the core, but @apruss has written some libs which I will be including soon, which will make this work

See this long thread

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2926

There are far more people working on the ESP8266 core than the STM32 one(s)

STM have their own official core www.github.com/stm32duino but I don't think that supports USB HID either

My version is not official and I can only work on it in my spare time, and there are less contributers than to the ESP8266 core.

I think Ivan (who maintains the ESP8266) core must have loads more free time than I do, as I have to work 8 hours a day to pay the bills and spend a lot of time repairing my house, (which constantly seems to need repair as its old and made of wood). So I don't have much time for anything else

anv

Post by anv » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 am

RogerClark wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:59 pm
Dan's Json file is a long way out of date.

You should manually copy the files from my repo into the hardware folder
I did this and selecting upload via usb bootloader the program compiles.
Then, the next step was instlaling the bootloader but I had more problems; the binary bootloader for my board (generic PC13) does not have the correct size (It should 4 bytes aligned). Then I uploaded PB12 version, but the system can't enumerate the device when I plug it via USB.
RogerClark wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:59 pm
Re: USB HID

Currently this is no built into the core, but @apruss has written some libs which I will be including soon, which will make this work

See this long thread

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2926
I will check this, thank you. I hope I could contibute with something. At least in the wiki that, i.e. some links points to non existent pages.