nairolf: Dear all

nairolf

nairolf: Dear all

Post by nairolf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi everyone out there,

i´am an electronics hobbist from the south of germany. still working at the moment with the STM32 Bluepill board. Doing some experiments with DACS ADC´s. iam currently building an electronic load.

Best regards :)

nairolf

stevestrong

Re: Dear all

Post by stevestrong » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Willkommen.

Please read this first: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3111.
Then post your question, if any, in an appropriate topic group.

mrburnette

Re: Dear all

Post by mrburnette » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:41 pm

nairolf,

Welcome.
Sounds like you have self-struggled with the Blue Pill and are now ready for some project design. As a self-starter, you will find an overwhelming volume of information; for myself, much of my time is weeding through incorrect or vague online posts. Sounds like you are getting alone well.

We have lots of Windows users, a fair number of Linux users, and a few OS-X users. Mostly these differences do not affect source code, but the OS enumerations, drivers, upload tools, and so forth do impact development. I personally made the transition to Linux 2 years ago after getting comfortable with a Linux Mint notebook for a year before switching my development environment. In my opinion, the Linux OS is a superior development world.

I am an eclectic with Arduino hardware, starting first with Arduino 8-bit original UNO and ATmega2560. Then I started building my own clones: homebrew ATmega1280, tiny85, ATmega386P. I moved into the STM32 Maple Mini boards, then PSOC 4200, then ESP8266, then on to Linux OS Raspberry Pi Zero, Zero-W, and rPi3B. I am now working with the ESP32 Arduino implementation and ESP32 Python. Essentially that means that I am not an expert with the STM32duino, but my knowledge is broader across the IoT world. I am often known to recommend users to "jump ship" and use another chip but I will provide the rationale as to the why.

Good luck,

Ray