mkr: Hi all!

mkr

mkr: Hi all!

Post by mkr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi all,

For some time I'm trying to hack "blue pill" to have better knowledge about ARM uC. In fact I'm professional programmer (web apps, GUIs and backend systems), but for some time, as a hobby, I try some playing with DIY electronics finding it as great fun.
As probably most of us, my first works in ARM programming were done with Arduino IDE, but in fact I'm not a big fan of it (IDE not the API). IDE/editor is way too simple and hard to live with for everyday user of more complex tools with code navigation, completion etc... That's why I've moved to Eclipse with custom makefile and ST SPL library. But Arduino API is so cute for fast prototyping...

As compromise now I'm trying to use platformIO IDE with stm32duino as a framework... VSCode under Linux is really decent and pleasant. Almost everything works like a charm.... I think, it's great alternative to Arduino IDE.

Hope that your great knowledge will help me with all the problems I have with this board and this software stack

All the best...

zmemw16

Re: Hi all!

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:28 pm

what if iany extensions have you installed ?
oh welcome btw :D
stephen

mrburnette

Post by mrburnette » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 pm

mkr wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 pm
For some time I'm trying to hack "blue pill" to have better knowledge about ARM uC. In fact I'm professional programmer (web apps, GUIs and backend systems), but for some time, as a hobby, I try some playing with DIY electronics finding it as great fun.
mkr,

Welcome!

Hey guys, look like we snagged a professional programmer :lol:
(Always looking for one with free play time.. Lots of work to get done.)
Seriously, myself excepted, you will find that a number of out members make their living in the programming arena, so you are in good company.

Ray

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 am

suggestion search for mrburnette posts, lots of links to loads of learning :roll:
srp

mrburnette

Post by mrburnette » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 am

zmemw16 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 am
suggestion search for mrburnette posts, lots of links to loads of learning :roll:
srp
Steve,
My diatribe may scare mkr away, far far away.

But, since you mentioned it, maybe a brief chronology will put my forum rhetoric into prospective (and explain why I am such an ass sometimes.)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3118#p40113