Recompiling library every time??

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
Hackswell

Recompiling library every time??

Post by Hackswell »

.arduino15/packages/STM32/hardware/stm32/1.8.0/libraries/SrcWrapper/src/stm32/analog.cpp
(Note that the "1.8.0" is actually 1.9.0pre from GIT)

It seems that EVERYTHING in SrcWrapper is being re-compiled _every_ time I compile a sketch. Isn't that only supposed to compile once and stay in object form in the directories? It REALLY slows down the development time.

Arduino IDE 1.8.12.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Recompiling library every time??

Post by fpiSTM »

Normally yes:
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_375500\libraries\SrcWrapper\stm32\system_stm32yyxx.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_375500\libraries\SrcWrapper\stm32\timer.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_375500\libraries\SrcWrapper\stm32\uart.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_375500\libraries\SrcWrapper\stm32\interrupt.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_375500\libraries\SrcWrapper\stm32\analog.cpp.o
Anyway it seems you are not on Windows (which is very slow :x ), on my linux a build take only few seconds.
Hackswell

Re: Recompiling library every time??

Post by Hackswell »

I blew away my arduino build and cache in /tmp, restarted arduino ide, and now it's caching properly. Sorry for the bother!

Return to “General discussion”