Serial and STLink upload on Linux - updated

All distros
RogerClark

Serial and STLink upload on Linux - updated

Post by RogerClark » Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 am

Guys,

I've copied the stlink_upload and serial_upload scripts from OSX to the tools/linux folder and compiled stm32flash and texane-stlink on a Linux 32 box (Lubuntu) and copied them into the relevant locations /tools/linux/stm32flash/stm32flash and /tools/linux/stlink/ and I have tested on both Linux 32 and also Linux 64 (Linux Mint), and and the scripts and binaries seem to work fine for me.
So it doesn't look like we need specific 64 bit versions of the binaries, unless anyone has any issues on a specific distro

@ahull and @RickKimball please can you test whether uploads are working using the "STM32F103C8 to Flash - No bootloader" board type,

If that board works, I'll update the "Geneirc STM32F103C" board type to remove the Upload router as I don't think it needed

Note.

I am probably going to remove the options for uploading via STLink and Serial, but not overwriting the bootloader, as these options are pointless

The only reason to use the bootloader is to upload, it doesn't have the USB Serial code in it, that code is always in the sketch (as long as the sketch is compiled with the -DUSB_SERIAL option, so the only option I may need to add is whether or not any of the generics includes USB Serial

Thanks

Roger

Rick Kimball

Re: Serial and STLink upload on Linux - updated

Post by Rick Kimball » Sun May 03, 2015 3:10 pm

It does seem to work. However, I'm not sure why you would remove the option to select stlink and serial via stm32flash. It is nice to have that option.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't work properly. It only works with the BOOT0 pin grounded. I'd rather not mess with the BOOT0 pin ever. Can you just define -DCONFIG_MAPLE_MINI_NO_DISABLE_DEBUG=1 for both versions so I don't have to mess with the BOOT0 pin?
Last edited by Rick Kimball on Tue May 05, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-rick

RogerClark

Re: Serial and STLink upload on Linux - updated

Post by RogerClark » Tue May 05, 2015 10:20 am

I'm looking at cleaning up the boards.txt file now

I'll try to remember to repost when I'm done