No upload via dfu

keypunch

Re: No upload via dfu

Post by keypunch » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:20 am

Hello Roger,

Sorry I have had a number of "interrupts" due to reasons for my important personal STM32 project. Compounding this is various items I ordered last Fall that should have arrived mid to later December 2016 eitehr have not arrived or are taking 3-4+ months to arrive. Examples are Baite Maple Mini Clones just arrived in last few days as well as U*SB to TTL Serial adapter. The STLink adapter still has not arrived. The orders not arriving or taking months to eitehr arrive or still not has taken much more time to address than I could have imagined.

WRT my expeiences with the first Baite Like Maple Mini Clones I had I decided to wait for the Baite Maple Mini Clones to arrive before I tried again in case these was some "other" unknown issues with the Looks like a Baite Maple Mini Clone.

I decided earlier today to see what using a Baite Maple Mini Clone with the IDE from a clean room test would result in. This took some time as there appears to be multiple issues that compound matters. Basically same issues as prior noted by me, and some other issues. I did solve the issues in some fast and dirty ways just to save time and prove most of the issues. I still have one issue to "prove" that is not listed mentioned i this topic as I never had a situation to present the possible cause.

In the findings today no differences between the Baite Maple Mini Clone and the look alike Bait Maple Mini Clone. Both Maple Mini Clones types I have work as expected exclusive of one outstanding issue I still have to fully prove and I fully expect will be an issue that is not specific to the board being used by me or in wider scope other boards that otherwise "work" fine.

I have also started making some extensive changes to some of the code related for these issues so far that I can address with code fixes and some other types of fixes. The question I have is what topic do you suggest I post the issues, fixes, and any issues can duplicare and unable to figure out a fix? Do you wish these to be seperate by types of issues I found and have a possible fix for? For issues I cannot figure out a fix for do I post those in a seperate topic or in same overall topic of the issues I found and also have possible fixes for?

As an FYI, due to the nature of the interrupts I am having that are the basis for the important personal STM32 project I may have unexpected delays in my replies. My applogies in advance, but I have no control over these "interrupts" nor the nature of these. I will reply. Perhaps not as soon as even I would like to reply, let alone otherwise.

Regards,

John L. Males
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
03 March 2017 04:20 EST
03 March 2017 05:48 EST (Typo Correction and correct time to EST not UTC)

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:24 pm

please tell me that for the MM's you did use the Baite shop on aliexpress ?
i don't think i've ever had a package even take 2 months from the far east, a few have had delivery windows that long(60days). that's in about 2.5yrs.

i'm fairly sure a ship or plane has just arrived as i have 2 cards from the post office advising parcels/packages too large for
letter box. almost certainly both are dupont leads, but then again they could be 2 off nrf24 with big aerials or 2 off 3.2" LCD; the LCD's were ordered 19/2
none of my orders still to be delivered are older than maybe 5 weeks. oldest is 30/1, youngest 19/2

stephen

keypunch

Post by keypunch » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Stephen,

The issue is not just the Baite MM orders. I had many orders with tracking. All but one or two of those many orders arrived in Canada in very good time, but sat for weeks before many were delivered. Many weeks meaning in Canada for delivery to Toronto, not some igloo near the North Pole needing a sled and dogs to deliver, for 7-8+ weeks before actually delivered. In fact some orders showing as in Canada now for almost 3 months are not delivered still.

Prior to September 2016 orders typically arrived in about 30-40 days. This parallels your experiences.

Since September 2016 somthing has gone very seriously wrong with delivery to at leat me and that means to Toronto. This as you can deduce is not seller specific as these orders were across many different sellers. For example my STLink is now going on 28 weeks.

I have sellers extending delivery time expectations by 60 days at a time. It is just insane what has been going on in last few months from AliExpress sellers related to delivery times. I am certain this is not a seller problem. It even happens with AliExpress Delivery.

I have discussed the issues with AliExpress. So far AliExpress is happy I am telling them about the bucket examples such as in Canada for weeks, registered delivery full tracking failing as well just as badly, the odd few items that arrive near the 60 days, and the few that arrive in 2-4 weeks. This does not even dent the surface of the problems that have occurred since Spetember 2016.

Prior to September 2016 all was fine at 14 - 40 days delivery all via free shipping.

If you look at AliExpress listings now there are many more sellers charging for shipping than prior. Some of the shipping costs are sigigifant like $1.40 for a $1.00 item that never had shipping costs. The MM now has about a $1.40 shipping cost it never had prior to mid Fall last year. I believe many sellers are now charging shipping that never did prior is related to the problems that started last Fall that so far AliExpress does not seem to be trying to understand or find out the problems and solve them.

The number and actual shipping costs being charged by sellers hurts all as the extra shipping costs factor into decisions to purchase and I suspect still will not solve the problems that were never seller problems to start with.

I know the extra shipping costs and how those shipping costs are often scaled on quanity orders are factoring into my decision to make or not make a purchase. For now I have not placed any AliExpress orders due to the mess of about 30 orders I had since September 2016 that have presented nothing but challenges in many ways and still many have not arrived going on 9+ weeks.

Regards,

John L. Males
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
03 March 2017 12:55 EST

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Things never take that long to arrive.

4 weeks is the worst case for me. If its not here in 4 weeks, it is almost certainly lost in the post.

It sounds like an issue related to your local postal service, as I am pretty sure no one else on the forum has to wait that long.

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:54 pm

it could be down to every package being examined in some way, hence a gross slowdown ?
when i watch some of the 'border control' documentaries / programmes, i'm always seeing parcels being x-rayed
and having long lines laid out for examination by a sniffer dog.

maybe its been stepped up by a notch or two

stephen

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 pm

zmemw16 wrote:it could be down to every package being examined in some way, hence a gross slowdown ?
when i watch some of the 'border control' documentaries / programmes, i'm always seeing parcels being x-rayed
and having long lines laid out for examination by a sniffer dog.

maybe its been stepped up by a notch or two

stephen
could be...

But, I think a lot if what is shown on these shows, is just "security theatre".

I also see news reports of people regularly buying banned medications from overseas, and they never seem to have it intercepted.

But obviously this varies from country to country

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:43 pm

actually most of the tv seem to be in approx order, Australia & US, UK.
for the police type shows pretty close are Australia & US, UK third.

stephen

BennehBoy

Post by BennehBoy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:04 am

-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 pm

i used to tell M & D that my monitor was my TV and i decide what i want to watch on it.
yes i do have kaffeine running, so it is my TV. i also have 10 desktops, mainly firefox and konsoles.

most of the time, i'm usually communing with forum, github, joe, makefiles, libopencm3, unicore-mx and arduino_stm32, also amazon kindle unlimited, ebay, aliexpress, pysol(anyone better than 1m 14s klondike?); but they're not in any particular order. tv, taggart, prime suspect, lewis, morse, marple, new tricks and docu's if none are on and they're being saved anyway.

stephen

evildave_666

Post by evildave_666 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:55 am

Its definitely due to the fentanyl crackdown by Canada Post.