Baite STLINKV2 -> Baite MM

HexTank

Baite STLINKV2 -> Baite MM

Post by HexTank » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Does anyone have the Baite MM pins that match the ones in this doc?

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... from-Linux

They don't have the header and I Cant; see anything on the silkscreen that matches, even better, is there a guide like above but for the BMM?

My MM does the normal flash (fast - slow) routine but no longer shows as DFU nor Serial on my Mac, not sure what I did, I might have pulled the plug mid flash or something, so need to get it back. :)

HexTank

Re: Baite STLINKV2 -> Baite MM

Post by HexTank » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Nevermind, my brain too stupid atm to search for maple mini pinout.

https://developer.mbed.org/media/upload ... nout01.png

*sigh*

HexTank

Post by HexTank » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Has anyone had any joy using OpenOCD on OSX with a MM? Following https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... from-Linux I just get

Code: Select all

Error: Debug adapter does not support any transports? Check config file order.
Error: unable to select a session transport. Can't continue.
Unfortunately, whilst I have the flashes on reset, holding but=32 doesn't lock in to dry mode, however, using st-utils from texane which connects to the board, but, arm-none-eabi-gdb requires an elf rather than bin so unable to upload the boot loader that way.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:43 am

HexTank wrote: Unfortunately, whilst I have the flashes on reset, holding but=32 doesn't lock in to dry mode, however, using st-utils from texane which connects to the board, but, arm-none-eabi-gdb requires an elf rather than bin so unable to upload the boot loader that way.
I think there is a command to flash a bin file

Its been discussed some time ago on the forum, but I can't recall for sure which command it was

Perhaps its "restore"

https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/g ... Files.html

HexTank

Post by HexTank » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:54 am

Thank Roger, I'll give that a try. I noticed there was a st-flash exe that comes with the st-utils which I assumed was for flashing the stlink itself but reading various things last night it seemed it was used when using an STlink to turn another STlink in to a BMP so may be that's an actual flasher I could try.

It's annoying that I have to fire st-link at least when the blue flashes happen on a reset else it won't connect so might need hands all over the place :) and obviously if a fail the burn and lose the flashes it's pretty much dead.

ahull

Post by ahull » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 am

HexTank wrote:It's annoying that I have to fire st-link at least when the blue flashes happen on a reset else it won't connect so might need hands all over the place :) and obviously if a fail the burn and lose the flashes it's pretty much dead.
I use an ST-Link V2 most of the time, I rarely have any issues, and despite my best efforts have yet to completely kill any of my STM boards. They are pretty robust. Even if you think it is toast, there are tricks you can use with the ST-Link that will resurrect even the most zombied of boards. Short of frying their brains with too many electrons, or stepping on them they survive most things you can throw at them.
If you do manage to blow one up, you will be in good company :D

Membership fees for the stm32duino.com Magic Smoke club are very reasonable and we have quite a few members -> My maple mini let go of the magic black smoke...
- Andy Hull -

HexTank

Post by HexTank » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm suprised I didn't already join the club on first usage as I have one of the green stlinkv2s which has no pinouts on the casing, so I hooked it up based on the pinouts based on the blue casing, which are completely different, dodged the bullet thusfar. :lol:

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:19 pm

I agree with Andy

I have done various things that should have fried the STM32, but they all survived so far.

I ran one board from 5V instead of 3.3, for several days, and it didn't seem to do it any long term harm.

HexTank

Post by HexTank » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 pm

SHE LIVES!!!!! :D thanks chaps, learnt a few things on the way.

1) ST-* for osx is included in the git archive so no need for home-brew.
2) Don't get side tracked using dfu-util manually when it'll just work like magic from Arduino IDE anyway once the bootloader is sorted.

I managed to get it working using the following (should anyone bother with OpenOCD/st-util/gdb or variants and have no luck)

st-flash erase
st-flash --reset <your_bootloader_of_choice> 0x08000000

I assume the address for the boot loader is correct as I can get a simple flash sketch running, now to find why my sketch crashes.. goto 10

:lol:

Cheers guys.

HexTank

Post by HexTank » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:49 pm

I had no joy with boot20 though, dfe-util complaining about something (which I'll grab when I try again )

*EDIT: found my bug and what was the probable cause of it all, having a big enough array that the stack will get trashed from the off. :oops: