STM32F103C8T6 Blue Pill Size

Generic boards that are not Maple or Maple mini clones, and don't contain the additional USB reset hardware
CardosoSoft

STM32F103C8T6 Blue Pill Size

Postby CardosoSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm doing a pcb to solder a blue pill stm32F103C8T6 board. But i cannot find all sizes of the board.
I can find the distances of the boards but i can't find anything about the "coordinates!" of boot pins and ST-LINK pins.

Does anyone knows?

Thanks for helping

zmemw16

Re: STM32F103C8T6 Blue Pill Size

Postby zmemw16 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:39 pm

usually most dimensional drawings have a 'DO NOT SCALE' text in a large font.

that said, distances of certain things are fixed, 0.1" 2.54mm spacing for edge pins and the swd pins. ( both x & y as breadboard friendly), the stm32f103c8t6 package, ... ....

do some measurements on a print out and see if the required scaling is consistent. try across 2,3,10 & 20 pins etc

istr that the GEDA pcb program has a procedure to do that graphics/dpi calibration on a printer, even supplies a template.

stephen

victor_pv

Postby victor_pv » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 pm

CardosoSoft wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm doing a pcb to solder a blue pill stm32F103C8T6 board. But i cannot find all sizes of the board.
I can find the distances of the boards but i can't find anything about the "coordinates!" of boot pins and ST-LINK pins.

Does anyone knows?

Thanks for helping

Aren't the boot pins and SWD pins broken out also in the 2 long headers? If so, you can just use the the connections from those headers and not worry to solder then twice to your board.
I do not know if they are in the side headers, it is really a question. If I remember right the SWD pins have a double function as GPIO pins, but I dont remember about the boot ones.

CardosoSoft

Postby CardosoSoft » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:20 am

zmemw16 wrote:usually most dimensional drawings have a 'DO NOT SCALE' text in a large font.

that said, distances of certain things are fixed, 0.1" 2.54mm spacing for edge pins and the swd pins. ( both x & y as breadboard friendly), the stm32f103c8t6 package, ... ....

do some measurements on a print out and see if the required scaling is consistent. try across 2,3,10 & 20 pins etc

istr that the GEDA pcb program has a procedure to do that graphics/dpi calibration on a printer, even supplies a template.

stephen

I know that the spacing between pads are the same (Breadboard friendly). But the really question here is the difference in x and y of the boot headers to the long headers. Because they are not aligned.

CardosoSoft

Postby CardosoSoft » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am

victor_pv wrote:
CardosoSoft wrote:Hey everyone!

Does anyone knows?

Thanks for helping

Aren't the boot pins and SWD pins broken out also in the 2 long headers? If so, you can just use the the connections from those headers and not worry to solder then twice to your board.
I do not know if they are in the side headers, it is really a question. If I remember right the SWD pins have a double function as GPIO pins, but I dont remember about the boot ones.

That's a really good question that i have no idea. I couln't find anything about it. I don't think that boot pins are in the long header. In that case we couldn't use these "suppose" as GPIO

victor_pv

Postby victor_pv » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:10 pm

CardosoSoft wrote:That's a really good question that i have no idea. I couln't find anything about it. I don't think that boot pins are in the long header. In that case we couldn't use these "suppose" as GPIO

Just checked from the pinout diagrams http://stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

Boot0 is not shared with any port, so looks like it's not int the long headers.
Boot1 is shared with PB2, but I do not see PB2 in the long header either.

zmemw16

Postby zmemw16 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 pm

how are you generating this pcb ?
from a schematic of the pill entered into a cad package; eagle, kicard, geda, other ?

once you have the schematic in, can't you just drag the 3x2 on the layout screen to where it looks right, horizontally, right hand pins almost in line with the pin above, vertically top 3 aligned to top edge of usb socket
if by hand, i'd buy one and measure

and now the tracking ... ... ...

stephen

Squonk42

Postby Squonk42 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:33 pm

You can't find the final layout or gerber files for the Blue Pill, but the closest you can get are the files from the original (?) designer website:
http://www.vcc-gnd.com/cp/stm32hxb/stm32f1xxhexinban/

In the first .rar file STM32F103C8T6核心板硬件资料.rar, you can find the schematics and top/bottom silkscreen + part outlines (no traces, unfortunately :( ) in Altium CAD format, if this can help you.

CardosoSoft

Postby CardosoSoft » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:47 am

Thanks all for the replies. I received one so i will take the measures bu hand..

Return to “Generic STM32F103”