Support for STM32F103RET6

Generic boards that are not Maple or Maple mini clones, and don't contain the additional USB reset hardware
escarneiro

Re: Support for STM32F103RET6

Post by escarneiro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:15 am

victor_pv wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:39 pm
If you check the list of boards in the wiki you will see some generic RCT6 and RFT6 I added, because I tested them and work. Roger also has some ZET or VET because I remember discussing the spi3 port with him and we tested spi3 on one of those each of us have.
The RCT6 is the same as the RET6 in terms of peripherals, and because of STM policies, in reality too (same ram and flash, at least in the few I have).
Everything that works in a blue pill should work in the whole series, up to the RGT6 if anyone has it.

As everyone else already said, it's just not the most common. But works. Specific hardware may not be supported, but all that is common is supported.
So all spi ports (even port 3) as the spi library is ready for that, both DMA controllers, all timers, all serial ports.
I added an i2s library, which is specific for those since the 64kb/128kb mcus don't have i2s.
I dont think anyone has worked on sdio, but is low priority even for people using those mcus since the sdfat library works reliably enough.
You should give it a try and see if you can write a library based off the spi library + stm sdio library, even if it's difficult you will learn a lot.
There is some people with those boards, so if you start writting it and need help testing it, I'm sure some people will be able to help testing.
Problem is most people, just as you, is afraid to write a library from scratch. Once someone starts off, more people is able to contribute.
Did you wrote some i2s code for the blue pill ? Would you show me exactly where to find it ?

RogerClark

Re: Support for STM32F103RET6

Post by RogerClark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:29 am

escarneiro wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:15 am

Did you wrote some i2s code for the blue pill ? Would you show me exactly where to find it ?
Blue Pill's MCU (STM32F103C8) does not have I2S

Only larger devices like the F103RCx etc have I2S