Board resetting - USB communication lost - NucleoL432

Post here all questions related to STM32 core if you can't find a relevant section!
nedsar85

Board resetting - USB communication lost - NucleoL432

Post by nedsar85 »

I recently had a problem with one STM NUCLEO32L432, it was resetting randomly after 4 to 5 min causing communication loss through USB port...

From Gregory Hancock:
"Disabling the 'MBED Microcontroller USB Device' under 'Disk drives' in Windows Device Manager seems to have solved the problem. That's not an ideal solution, but it's an acceptable temporary workaround." Posted on April 22, 2017 at 19:58

I tried this and it worked!
See: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcu-p ... d-p/463058

It is worth mentioning that this solution appears to work for several types of STM boards.
It is also worth mentioning that I had two boards connected through a USB hub and I was having the problem only with one specific board.

Hope this works,
(If Gregory Hancock sees this message... MASSIVE THANKS!)

edit: This is a temp solution, there is something related to Dell laptops/PC's + Firmware... checkitout
edit:
From Dilbert K, (March 08, 2018 at 17:20)
If you are using Dell, uninstall the Dell Service Application/Agent, which cause problem.

Nedsar85:
Problem solved after following the above, uninstall Dell service app and ensure that the STM firmware is updated and that STMcube is properly installed.

Return to “General discussion”