Black STM32F103 board from aliexpress with different pcb layout

Generic boards that are not Maple or Maple mini clones, and don't contain the additional USB reset hardware
fredbox

Re: Black STM32F103 board from aliexpress with different pcb layout

Post by fredbox » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:24 pm

If the bootloader is running, you should see the led blinking. Did you remember to move the jumper on Boot0 back to 0? Boot0 and Boot1 should both be 0 to use the bootloader.

juliusbangert

Post by juliusbangert » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Well, somehow I got this working but I'm not entirely sure how. Could have been Python installs, could have been usb ports..
Certainly one thing I changed in my setup was going from a CH341 to FTDI USB to serial device, so that may have been it, but I got this normally works.
But also I had to press the reset just a second after I started the bootloader upload, so maybe there's a timeout that was cutting it off before(?)
Either way I am now able to see "/dev/cu.usbmodem411 (Maple Mini)" in my port list and can switch upload method over to "STMduino bootloader".

I would like to know exactly which thing I changed caused it to work so next time I get a board like this I can avoid the headache.
Thanks everyone.

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Maybe you should google this site:stm32duino.com and look for usb serial not working...

The problem is new people come here .. each one hasn't read the wiki or done any research.... they start a new thread thinking they are unique in having usb / bootloader / serial issues ... they start a new thread and then we end up with another solution making it harder for the next person to find the answer.

I don't know the answer to this problem except to try and ignore these threads
-rick

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Rick Kimball wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:33 pm
Maybe you should google this site:stm32duino.com and look for usb serial not working...

The problem is new people come here .. each one hasn't read the wiki or done any research.... they start a new thread thinking they are unique in having usb / bootloader / serial issues ... they start a new thread and then we end up with another solution making it harder for the next person to find the answer.

I don't know the answer to this problem except to try and ignore these threads
A solution could be to delete threads that don't get anywhere, so people doing a search has a higher likelihood of landing in a thread with an actual solution.

This is why sometimes I revive an old thread is the new post is directly related to it, to reduce the number of short threads with little actual content or context on them

csnol

Post by csnol » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Attention: Black Pill's VBAT pin be connected to Vcc - 3.3V.
It means you can't running longtime by battery to keep the data of RTC register.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 pm

csnol wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 pm
Attention: Black Pill's VBAT pin be connected to Vcc - 3.3V.
It means you can't running longtime by battery to keep the data of RTC register.
Interesting... Thanks