Baite made Maple Mini clone, hopeless

Generic boards that are not Maple or Maple mini clones, and don't contain the additional USB reset hardware
EnriquePinedo

Baite made Maple Mini clone, hopeless

Post by EnriquePinedo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello friends,

I am kindly asking for your advise and experience....
I have 2 boards STM32 one Blue Pill with the jumpers for programming runs excellent
with Mecrisp embello, that I programmed without any problems.

Now I have a 2nd board (cheap clone of Maple Mini) from Baite
http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=Maple_Mini

I can programm it from Arduino IDE , I installed the drivers , ok recognized no problem.

BUT , I can not make it communicate through a USB to TTL external board(ftdi f.ex) , to upload Mecrisp embellos forth.
(It also would help a good explanation how to burn the flash from the Arduino IDE with my Bin or hex file)

I did everything possible, I triyed with Folie -r, it keeps sending ............ because there is
no communication, I Triyed "STMFlashLoader Demo" (with this one I uploaded Mecrisp binay
to the other Blue Pill with the Boot jumper BOOT0=1 the other at 0. etc etc ....
There is no way, I followed many dif. sites explaining how to programm it , and could not do it.
I have also triyed with stmxxxx.py programming but again no success.

I am also a bit confused, because Maple Mini has many (I think 3 different UARTS (I triyed all of them))

1) which PINS are RFX and TX for EXTERNAL programming ?
2) Does this happend becasue of the bootloader ?
3) Can I use a USBASP programmer as ST-link programmer ? ( I triyed also to use STM32-STLINK utility
with my FTDI chip, but it keeps saying there is no STlink attached.... could not move forward)

4) Which are the correct procedures to make a Mapple Mini enter into programming mode, for example
If I try to use Resett+ But32 switches pressed, and then I free first reset while but32 is pressed, some
sites say this will force into programming mode, I can do that but I loose any USB connections because
the USB link (on board USB connector) will not work (my COM10) is lost.....
This is all really very confusing, so I must give up and ask the experts in this forum for advise.

Thank you in advance for your help !
Regards
Enrique

EnriquePinedo

Re: Baite made Maple Mini clone, hopeless

Post by EnriquePinedo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Please, Forget my first post.

Now it is programmed (but not workin) , I was missing to place "but" pin (on my poor silkscreen mask) it is the 3rd pin after vcc and gnd from below
to VCC. Apparently pressing the BUT button was not enough after I did this jumper I could programm the board from a FTDI chip
and using STm32loader.py.

Somebody can tell me which one is the PB9 pin on this board ?
http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?ti ... o_Logo.png

Best regards
Enrique

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm

The information is in the original LeafLabs docs

http://docs.leaflabs.com/static.leaflab ... -mini.html

You can't use PB9 as its used as the USB DISConnect signal on that board.

(Check the schematic on leaflabs github repo)

PS. The Maple mini clones should come pre-programmed with the bootloader

However its possible that the manufacturer is now cutting out this step to save production costs

EnriquePinedo

Post by EnriquePinedo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello Roger !

Thanks very much for your kind answer. I did resolve my problem using an FTDI external programmer.
There was no need to PB9 jumper.

Now I have to resolve a problem with drivers, so Windows can understand the USB of this board.
For the while I can communicate trough an external FTDI-ttl board.

Best regards, and thumbs up for your page and blog !