Board keeps on rebooting after programming

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
whemak

Board keeps on rebooting after programming

Post by whemak »

I have a silly but annoying :evil: issue with my L4R5ZI. Every time I burn a new sketch on it, it starts rebooting every ~1 second until I unplug and replubg the USB. Then everything is fine.

The reboot cycle seems to correlate with the disappearance and reappearance of the USB drive associated the Nucleo board, on my File Explorer.

Does any body know what is going on and how avoid this?! The device appears on my Device manager as:

* a disk named "MBED microcontroller USB device"
* a virtual COM named "STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port".
* a USB device named "ST-Link Debug"

My system is Win10Pro.

Thanks! S
by fpiSTM » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 pm
You should try to update the stlink fw using STM32Cube programmer
Go to full post
BennehBoy
Answers: 1

Re: Board keeps on rebooting after programming

Post by BennehBoy »

And you're using MBED?
whemak

Post by whemak »

BennehBoy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:24 pm And you're using MBED?
Actually, no. I am programming the board with Arduino IDE, but I cannot get rid of that driver: if I uninstall it keeps coming back as soon as I replug the board. Is there maybe a good driver to replace it?!
BennehBoy
Answers: 1

Post by BennehBoy »

Sorry, better to let someone more familiar comment, the MBED bit threw me, but looking at the board it might have some sort of drag and drop MBED mass storage controller type programming facility.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

You should try to update the stlink fw using STM32Cube programmer
whemak

Post by whemak »

BennehBoy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 pm Sorry, better to let someone more familiar comment, the MBED bit threw me, but looking at the board it might have some sort of drag and drop MBED mass storage controller type programming facility.
Thank you. I think you pointed me in the right direction... there should be some drag&drop feature indeed, but I am not sure how does it work and I don't want to use it.

Anyway, I tried playing with the firmware using STSW-LINK009 , removed the mass storage option, added it back again... and now it works! The only difference I see is that the firmware I used is a bit more recent than the original one, so I guess the firmware just needed to be udpated for some reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
whemak

Post by whemak »

fpiSTM wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 pm You should try to update the stlink fw using STM32Cube programmer
Indeed! Thanks

Return to “General discussion”