Nucleo F401 Arduino

STM32F103 Nucleo boards e.g. STM Nucleo F103RB
sgt_johnny

Nucleo F401 Arduino

Post by sgt_johnny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello

I'm having a Nucleo F401RE Board laying around here. Can i make it work with arduino?
http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/n ... 401re.html

I tried to compile with the DiscoveryF407 and manually placed the .bin file in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_570452
into the Volume, the Board does blink red/green (like it does when i use a stm website example) but it seem not to work then.

I uploaded the blink sketch from STM32 Website. The led did blink.
Then i placed the blink.ino.bin (renamed to just .bin)
But then the led was off.

Any idea how to make it work?

sheepdoll

Re: Nucleo F401 Arduino

Post by sheepdoll » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:04 pm

The Nucleo F401 was the board that inspired me to write the "Expemimental" HAL MX proof of concept code.
I have not done much with that code lately as I have been working with other projects.

I did write a script (in the postscript language) that can create makefiles from the Cube .ioc files. These can then be imported into eclipse. This development path somewhat makes the Arduino ide a bit redundant.

I did have some gpio and serial stream working.

Vassilis was able to extend some of the HAL functionality with the F103CB build for one of the Maples as I recall. I was never able to get the CDC usb ported over to the F104.

In order to change from one variant to another a such as the F407 to F401 a global pin mapping table must be edited. I was working on a way to automate this when ST announced direct support.

The Nucleo F401 is a nice board and it would be nice to see others working with it again.

RogerClark

Re: Nucleo F401 Arduino

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 pm

If you are willing to wait.

STM are writing their own core for some Nucleo boards, and I think the F4 is included (though I dont know know which precise model)