Nucleo F0 Boards?

STM32F103 Nucleo boards e.g. STM Nucleo F103RB
Max44

Nucleo F0 Boards?

Post by Max44 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:20 pm

With the advent of the Arduino Zero with an ARM Cortex M0 core, is any work going on to support Nucleo FO boards?

Thanks, Max

sheepdoll

Re: Nucleo F0 Boards?

Post by sheepdoll » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 pm

I have blink and serial stream working through the HALMX branch.

There is also "library" example code for the F0 discovery that provides GPIO, Serial, and SPI. This was intended to use the SPL (Standard peripheral Library) which is close to HAL. I think the Nucleo mapping is quite similar to the F0 discovery Arduino pin mapping and may explain some of the weirdness in the layout.

Max44

Post by Max44 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 am

Thanks for the reply Sheepdoll.

Hmmmmm ..... I have a Discovery F0 and have been working through some examples using STM32CubeMX/HAL and the free version of Keil. All that is looking fairly good so far, but a port into the Arduino IDE similar to the one for the Nucleo F1 and Discovery F3 and F4 might provide a path to using Arduino libraries and the vast amounts of Arduino code. I agree that the ST design environment (with the debugger built into Discovery) is more robust. The HAL libraries I'm still learning to use.

Since you brought it up, I'd like to hear more about your serial code. Since it's not relevant to this forum category, I'll send a PM.

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:16 am

I started messing with the STM32F0 stuff before i spent any time on the larger M3/M4 chips. One of the things I liked about them is you can get the stm32f051k8 in a LQFP-32 with .8 mm pitch. This package is much more solderable to my old eyes than the .5 mm ones. Also, you can plop them on the break out boards you find on ebay.

Heh, then I found these $5 ebay stm32f103c8 boards and I never looked back.

-rick
-rick

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:45 am

Rick Kimball wrote:I started messing with the STM32F0 stuff before i spent any time on the larger M3/M4 chips. One of the things I liked about them is you can get the stm32f051k8 in a LQFP-32 with .8 mm pitch. This package is much more solderable to my old eyes than the .5 mm ones. Also, you can plop them on the break out boards you find on ebay.

Heh, then I found these $5 ebay stm32f103c8 boards and I never looked back.

-rick
I looked and them, and ended thinking exactly like Rick. Nothing to add but +1

aneespk

Post by aneespk » Sat May 14, 2016 9:17 am

1-Any option to connect the same in Arduino IDE?
2-I cannot understand the same - "" There is a new "core" being developed, which should support it, but its early days.Please read the HAL MX Core topic""
How can i add the same?

Please reply and support .
I am planing some project in STM32F0 based controller.It is low cost and support more peripherals.

Regards
Anees PK.
Mail id - mail2aneespk@gmail.com

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sat May 14, 2016 9:10 pm

aneespk wrote: Please reply and support .
I am planing some project in STM32F0 based controller.It is low cost and support more peripherals.

Regards
Anees PK.
Mail id - mail2aneespk@gmail.com

Hi Anees

I am not sure if you understand that this site has no official association with STM.

We are just a community of people who use STM32 devices, and are developing software so that the STM32 can be used with the Arduino IDE and API

However as our core software is based on an abandoned commercial product called the Maple ( and Maple Mini), at the moment the STM32F1 series processors are the ones which have the most functionality.