Info Nucle STM32F103

STM32F103 Nucleo boards e.g. STM Nucleo F103RB
madias

Re: Info Nucle STM32F103

Postby madias » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:18 pm

I also bought the external programmer of ST

Is this original ST Link also "drag & drop"? (I think only the nucleo has the ST-Link 2.1 (mind the "2.1", all 2.0 are not d&d able!))
This is the really funny part of it, because I can use every computer without installing anything and upload the *.bin via "drag&drop"
The "CZ mini" series are well made in my opinion, I really love the board in my post above.
Next drawback of the nucleo: there is no pin description on the PCB itself :) (And the Arduino style numbers (D0-13, A0-A5) makes only sense for MCU's with very less count of pins, for STM32 I always use real names, like "PA4" or "PC3" just to be compatible with other STM32 boards)

Drakelive

Re: Info Nucle STM32F103

Postby Drakelive » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:06 pm

madias wrote:
I also bought the external programmer of ST

Is this original ST Link also "drag & drop"? (I think only the nucleo has the ST-Link 2.1 (mind the "2.1", all 2.0 are not d&d able!))
This is the really funny part of it, because I can use every computer without installing anything and upload the *.bin via "drag&drop"
The "CZ mini" series are well made in my opinion, I really love the board in my post above.
Next drawback of the nucleo: there is no pin description on the PCB itself :) (And the Arduino style numbers (D0-13, A0-A5) makes only sense for MCU's with very less count of pins, for STM32 I always use real names, like "PA4" or "PC3" just to be compatible with other STM32 boards)

Ciao Madias

I understand what you write. My programmer does not have "drag and drop", but on Windows I can use the application of ST for Flashing, while on Linux you can use "st-flash" or those offered by STM32duino.
I having an external programmer I never bothered to install a bootloade or use convenience as "drag and drop". For these reasons I have never studied how to work the "drag and drop"
I agree with you on the quality of the board CZ mini but I think that their price is a fundamental element. They cost less than an Arduino -D
This is true, there is no description on the card but the Morpho connectors present on all cards ST Nucleo, are described on the documentation, just print it.
We must make a distinction, the board CZ Mini are generic board while ST Nucleo are commercial products that also have extensions board

Drk

Return to “STM Nucleo boards”