when you forget just how you got it working

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
zmemw16

when you forget just how you got it working

Post by zmemw16 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:42 pm

and forgotten where the sources are as well?

why the question, i was playing with a nano to get a st7735 working and thinking to then move it to stm32.
so when i found a itead maple board hooked up for an ili9341 driven display i then wondered how/when i got that working

anyone know if examining the flash contents would help ?

what would be sufficient to do this ?
maybe if every included file stored what ? to where ?
maybe tied it to a debug flag to add more info ?
would library.properties be enough info ?

do all displays come with a link to solder closed to bypass the 5v->3v3 regulator ? all my TJCTM coded orange/red pcb ones seem to have it.

stephen

victor_pv

Re: when you forget just how you got it working

Post by victor_pv » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:22 pm

zmemw16 wrote:and forgotten where the sources are as well?

why the question, i was playing with a nano to get a st7735 working and thinking to then move it to stm32.
so when i found a itead maple board hooked up for an ili9341 driven display i then wondered how/when i got that working

anyone know if examining the flash contents would help ?

what would be sufficient to do this ?
maybe if every included file stored what ? to where ?
maybe tied it to a debug flag to add more info ?
would library.properties be enough info ?

do all displays come with a link to solder closed to bypass the 5v->3v3 regulator ? all my TJCTM coded orange/red pcb ones seem to have it.

stephen
It may, i don't know now, but for a while the "recipe" used by our core added a lot of trash at the end of the bin file, some of that if I remember right was the path to some of the files used during the compilation.
So if you check the flash content, check if you find any text toward the end, and may show the path to your source files.

zmemw16

Re: when you forget just how you got it working

Post by zmemw16 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:41 pm

yes, you're correct; unfortunately it's the STM32F1 core libraries used that are listed.

last time i ran into something similar was PDP Coral-66 compiler appending the remainder of the source to the output obj after
too many errors. particularly as it didn't seem to be documented and i caught it by pure accident.

i suspect i was thinking maybe some progmem strings in each source (h + cpp) file with size, line count, date stamp type et al info

i suspect it would be too much of a hassle to maintain, so that's non-starter or a pre/post process operation :D

stephen