"NODE_F103RB,NUCLEO" not found. Please ensure the device is correctly connected.

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
timoonduty

"NODE_F103RB,NUCLEO" not found. Please ensure the device is correctly connected.

Post by timoonduty »

Hi all,

I recently bought a Nucleo-F767ZI (https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/ ... 767zi.html) and Nucleo-F103RB (not the blue pill) (https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/ ... 103rb.html).

I tried to program on my Nucleo-F767ZI (LED, Ultrasound Sensor, and Keypad) and everything worked fine with my micro-USB wire. However, when I tried to upload the LED program to my Nucleo-F103RB board with my micro-B wire, I received the following error:

Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 7

I have set up the following under the tools ribbon:
Board: "Nucleo-64"
Board part number: "Nucleo F103RB"

For context, my LED program is as such:

Code: Select all

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() 
{
  pinMode(D6, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(D7, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(D6, LOW);  
  digitalWrite(D7, HIGH);  
  delay(1000);                      // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(D7, LOW);   
  digitalWrite(D6, HIGH);  
  delay(1000);                      // wait for a second
}
Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Regards
Timo.
Regards,
Timo
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: "NODE_F103RB,NUCLEO" not found. Please ensure the device is correctly connected.

Post by fpiSTM »

Hi,

when you connect the Nucleo F103RB board you should have a mass storage mounted, named: NODE_F103RB or NUCLEO

So while you don't have this it will not work with mass storage upload.

On which OS you work? is it Mac0S ventura?
timoonduty

Re: "NODE_F103RB,NUCLEO" not found. Please ensure the device is correctly connected.

Post by timoonduty »

Hi fpiSTM,

Thank you for your reply! Now that you mentioned it, when I connect my Nucleo-F767ZI to my PC, which is Windows 10, it does show up as a storage with the details and the product page included. However, when I mount my Nucleo-F103RB, it does not show anything. Is there any solution that can rectify this?

Regards,
Timo.

Edit: Both boards did show up in my device manager, though their COM(number) is different which is weird to me.
Regards,
Timo
fpiSTM

Post by fpiSTM »

You could try to update the STLink firmware using STM32CubeProgrammer.
timoonduty

Post by timoonduty »

Hi fpiSTM,

Thank you for the help thus far.

I did download the STM32CubeProgrammer as instructed. However, ST-Link, UART and USB does not show the board number when I connect my Nucleo-F103RB. However, when I connect the Nucleo-F767ZI, the program detects its presence in the ST-Link window. At this point, I wish it is just my mini-B wire being the culprit.

Here is the screenshot for context on my Notion link:
https://www.notion.so/timo-is-doing-thi ... 8d44701b04

Regards,
Timo
Regards,
Timo
fpiSTM

Post by fpiSTM »

You should check jumper of the board. IDD, STLink,...
timoonduty

Post by timoonduty »

Hi, apologies for the long response, hopefully I did not necro this post.

After checking all of the peripherals, jumpers connecting the right sides and etc, I found this link which updates the Nucleo-F103RB firmware. Here is the link to it: https://os.mbed.com/teams/ST/wiki/Nucleo-Firmware

Took me weeks to deal with it, but I hope this could help the others in dealing with the problem that I had.
Regards,
Timo
albert121

Post by albert121 »

The STM32 Nucleo-64 board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new concepts and build prototypes by choosing from the various combinations of performance and power consumption features, provided by the STM32 microcontroller.
Regard
Albert
GBwhatsapp

Return to “General discussion”