Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
donowak

Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post by donowak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:02 am

Hi, I'm Dominik from husarion.com .

I have a big pleasure of introducing to you the 2nd generation of our platform for building robots, which we have been developing for the last 4 years.
Here are some key points describing our product:

1. Husarion CORE2: based on STM32F4 and ESP32 Wi-Fi module, with 42GPIO and interfaces to connect DC motors and servos . There is also a CORE2-ROS version with RaspberryPi 3 or ASUS Tinker Board single board computer instead of ESP32.
2. Open source, real-time programming framework (hFramework) - https://github.com/husarion/hFramework based on FreeRTOS, using DMA and Interrupt to save processing power of CPU and with API in C++ 11
3. Arduino compatibility layer to hFramework
4. CORE2-ROS is powered by ROS (Robot Operating System)
5. Optional cloud platform to manage all CORE2 based devices online through a control panel, develop their firmware through Web IDE and share them through a link
6. Offilne dev tools: "Husarion" extension to Visual Studio Code

We have launched our product campaign, where much more detailed description is available. It would be great if you could check it out and let me know if you had any comments or questions. Your feedback means a lot.
Thank you! :)

Ollie

Re: Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post by Ollie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Interesting, but what this has to do with STM32duino?

Personally, I am annoyed by plain product promotions in this forum. If they add some relevant information that is OK, but if the purpose is to get free advertisement, that simply is wrong.

Rick Kimball

Re: Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Ollie wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm
Personally, I am annoyed by plain product promotions in this forum. If they add some relevant information that is OK, but if the purpose is to get free advertisement, that simply is wrong.
+1

Especially when the author of the post has a post count of 1
-rick

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Maybe they want to use "our" free Arduino_stm32 core for a commercial product...

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm

stevestrong wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm
Maybe they want to use "our" free Arduino_stm32 core for a commercial product...
It doesn't seem that way. They offer a freertos based api, with its own arduino layer that only runs on windows. This is just a blatant SPAM post.
-rick

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Given that they offer open source software with an arduino layer, and uses and stm32 MCU I would think it does have some merit to be posted here. Even if they want some promotion they may honestly want some feedback.
We will see if they come back to reply, or leave the post count at 1.

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:58 pm

The arduino layer is about as minimal as you can get. It is one file (Arudino.h) that provides digitalRead/Write Serial print and analogRead/Write. There is little chance any significant library would work.
-rick

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Looks like spam

Unless the op can justify why it's not spam it will be removed and the op will be banned including via ip and domain

donowak

Post by donowak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi once more, Husarion CORE2 is related to STM32 and Arduino so I think it fits this forum.

@Rick, yes, Arduino layer integrates some basic functions right now, but with hFramework it is easy to add the rest. Arduino compatibility is a new feature in our framework, and we decided to start developing of this layer because of many existing libraries for Arduino boards. We created a rich set of libraries optimized to save processing power of CPU, based on FreeRTOS, all communication interfaces use semaphores, queues and DMA channels. 4 quadrature encoder interfaces use hardware timers of STM32F4 in encoder mode, so they also don't waste processing power of CPU. I think this could be interesting both for Arduino and STM32 users. More new Arduino modules will be added soon, don't worry :).

I introduced our product and software that may be interesting for users of this forum. I was looking for good communities to talk about hFramework and our Arduino layer, and this place looks promising. I would be grateful for your feedback!

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am

Is it actually for sale. It looks like its a its crowdfunded and has not met its target.

I can't see details of how the this can be used as a pure Arduino board.

I presume there must be connections for STLink or for Serial USB, but I can't see any jump link for Boot0 to enable upload via USB Serial.

I can't find a schematic etc