Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
RogerClark

Re: Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 am

As OP has not responded, I've removed the links so that the site doesn't get abused as a link farm.

If anyone wants to investigate this board as a target for the Arduino IDE, they can easily google for this product.

Ollie

Re: Introducing STM32F4 based dev board for robotics with Arduino compatible programming framework

Post by Ollie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks Roger,

I hope that your actions will send a message to all forum users about what is acceptable and what is not.

donowak

Post by donowak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Roger, yes it's our second crowd funding campaign. The first one was on Kickstarter 2 years ago with the first generation of our robotic controller - RoboCORE. Husarion CORE2 is a successor of RoboCORE, created based on feedback from our first customers.

"I can't see details of how the this can be used as a pure Arduino board." - take a look at our Crowd Supply campaign and find "Arduino compatible" section where you will find Arduino pinout of CORE2. As I wrote in the previous post, not all Arduino libraries are implemented yet, but in the near future, they will be. It's not a full clone of Arduino, but rather a compatibility layer. For example, we don't implement:

setup() { }
loop() {}

because it doesn't look good in a multi-thread program. In our case you start your program like this:

#include "hFramework.h"

void task1() {
}

void task2() {
}

hMain() { //hMain is an RTOS task
sys.taskCreate(task1);
sys.taskCreate(task2);
sys.taskCreate([](){ //C++11 lambda expression
pinMode(D0, OUTPUT);
for (;;) {
digitalWrite(D0, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(D0, LOW);
delay(500);
}
});
}

"I presume there must be connections for STLink or for Serial USB, but I can't see any jump link for Boot0 to enable upload via USB Serial." - you can upload firmware through two UARTs associated with hardware bootloader of STM32 - Serial USB port (powered by FTDI chip that controls BOOT0) or through hRPI connector with BOOT0 inside(for ESP32 or RaspberryPi 3 / ASUS Tinker Board). A serial port is used to upload firmware from your offline IDE, and hRPI port is used rather for online development (through WebIDE at cloud.husarion.com).

Take a look at "Hardware Specifications" section at our campaign page - there is also SWD interface for ST-link V2. I'm working with STM32 MCUs for more than 8 years, and we know how to use this chip in an efficient way and to make it easy for developers like you guys.

I don't consider this forum as a "link farm". Just want to discuss with you. Have a good day!

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Donowak,

I know that you want to "discuss" about your hardware and software products with us. But if there are no interested discussion partners, you should make your own conclusions. This is my last post for this thread.