Clone Maple Mini

If you made your own board, post here, unless you built a Maple or Maple mini clone etc
xxLogamxx

Clone Maple Mini

Postby xxLogamxx » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm trying to upload the bootloader on a plate based on maple mini clone. Here is the schematic: http://uploadpie.com/2diXq

I am using PL2303, the boot0 pin is 1 with a resistor pulled up and boot1 is at GND. I have already put other values in the resistor as 10k, 4k7 and does not upload the bootloader.

Any suggestion?

Pito

Re: Clone Maple Mini

Postby Pito » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Pull Boot0 with 1k up. Double check serial wiring - rx and tx and gnd pins. If you got a spare led, make a small probe ( --tip---4k7---|>|----gnd) and look at the serial pins what is going on there..

xxLogamxx

Postby xxLogamxx » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:13 pm

I changed into a 1k resistor and still did not work. I tried with the flash loader demonstrator stm software and appears the error: No response from the target, the boot loader can not be started.

Pito

Postby Pito » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Which pins do you use for RX and TX??

xxLogamxx

Postby xxLogamxx » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm

PA9 and PA10

edogaldo

Postby edogaldo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Try keeping But pressed also after the board reset.
What worked for me (note I have a USB2Serial adapter which features a reset button):
- press (and keep pressed But on MM)
- press reset on the USB2Serial
- run Usart upload while keeping But pressed

best, E.

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Pull boot1 low, it us currently floating and may cause problems

Try Tx and RX the other way around. Some USB to serial adaptors have them labelled incorrectly.

Double check what Com port you selected in the Flash loader demonstrator, some PCs show dummy COM ports e.g Com1 which is not you usb to serial adaptor, check in the device manager to get the com port number

stevestrong

Postby stevestrong » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi guys,
I have to reopen this thread, I have not used my Baite maple mini (MM) for couple of months, and now I cannot flash it anymore.
The sw I flashed last time runs well, but it does not uses the USB serial, only serial 1.
Adruino 1.6.9. gives the following message:

Code: Select all

Sketch uses 51,056 bytes (41%) of program storage space. Maximum is 122,880 bytes.
Global variables use 9,072 bytes of dynamic memory.
maple_loader v0.1
Resetting to bootloader via DTR pulse
Searching for DFU device [1EAF:0003]...
Found it!
Cannot set alternate interface: usb_set_altinterface: could not set alt interface 0/2: win error: No more data is available.

Opening USB Device 0x1eaf:0x0003...

Found Runtime: [0x1eaf:0x0003] devnum=1, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=2, name="UNDEFINED"
Setting Configuration 1...
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting ...
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Zo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\temp: C:\Users\Zo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\temp

but it doesn't write anything to the device.
If BOOT0 tied to "1" during reset, the ST demonstrator GUI cannot make any connection to the device over USB-> serial. I checked the Rx/Tx signals, the PC sends some data, but MM does not respond.
The DFU device appears grayed out in the device manager on my Win10 machine.
I tried to reinstall the win USB drivers several times, no success.
I am pretty desperate now, any ideas what else can I do?
Is there any new maple loader available?

EDIT
Trying to flash the bootloader:

Code: Select all

stm32flash 0.4

http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Raw BINARY
Interface serial_w32: 57600 8E1
Failed to init device.

On the other side, download new code to the blue pill (over USB) works as expected.
Is the MM chip corrupted?

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Steve

Try pulling Boot1 low and upload a sketch using USB to Serial, ( or try using STM's own flash loader tool)

I think on the MM Boot1 is floating and occasionally it floats high when uploading via serial, which will cause the binary to go into RAM not flash.

If you pull Boot1 high and Boot1 low and still cant communicate via USB serial, either the MM is dead or the USB serial is defective or not connected correctly.

Note. If USB to Serial works to upload, but the code does not run, its possible the 8 MHz clock is not working, as USB serial uploads do not use the external clock(s) ( I presume they use the internal HSI clock)

stevestrong

Postby stevestrong » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:59 am

Roger, thanks for the hint with BOOT1, I checked the schematic, it is floating indeed, I will try to pull it to GND with 10k resistor to avoid a short if PB2 is used as output and set to high in the currently running on-board SW.
What bothers me is that it worked before in the same constellation.
The USB->serial adapter must be OK since it works for the blue pill, the ST flash demonstrator tool can communicate/read out data.

Is it normal that the USB COM port doesn't work on-chip if not used in the sketch? I only used Serial 1 for debug outputs.
I cannot otherwise explain why the alternate interface is not found after the DFU port is recognized/identified by the maple loader:
maple_loader v0.1
Resetting to bootloader via DTR pulse
Searching for DFU device [1EAF:0003]...
Found it!
Cannot set alternate interface: usb_set_altinterface: could not set alt interface 0/2: win error: No more data is available.

Return to “Custom design boards”