Clone Maple Mini

If you made your own board, post here, unless you built a Maple or Maple mini clone etc
RogerClark

Re: Clone Maple Mini

Postby RogerClark » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Steve

That doesnt sound good.

Even if boot1 is floating it should at least make contact.

Double check boot0 is high

I don't suppose you have a STLink, as thats the best option, You could program the BluePill as a BlackMagic probe (or even a STLink if you can find somewhere to download the STLink binary from - as its not publically released by STM)

stevestrong

Postby stevestrong » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:51 pm

BOOT0 is set to "1" for sure, because I cannot see the LED blinking after reset.
I also tried the upload over USB->serial by keeping the BOOT0 button pressed during trying to flash. No success.
So I assume BOOT1 is here the issue, because if it set to "1" at boot phase, the system tries to boot from SRAM instead of system memory. I will check this evening what happens when is tied low.

But the issue with not working upload over USB when USB serial is not used by the sketch is reproducible. Just try to open a new minimal sketch where you define at the top of the sketch: #define Serial Serial1. You won't be able to upload new SW over USB anymore...unless you flash the bootloader again (or upload over serial 1 with BOOT1 set to low at reset ? - did not try this yet).

stevestrong

Postby stevestrong » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:01 pm

BOOT1 tied to low, BOOT0 tied to high and voila...it worked like a charm:

Code: Select all

stm32flash 0.4

http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Raw BINARY
Interface serial_w32: 57600 8E1
Version      : 0x22
Option 1     : 0x00
Option 2     : 0x00
Device ID    : 0x0410 (Medium-density)
- RAM        : 20KiB  (512b reserved by bootloader)
- Flash      : 128KiB (sector size: 4x1024)
- Option RAM : 16b
- System RAM : 2KiB
Write to memory
Erasing memory
Wrote address 0x08001b7c (100.00%) Done.

Now, that we have this thread here, I will find this solution next time it will fail again :)

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Steve

OK. I am sure I have posted about the Boot1 floating issue before. But it doesnt do any harm to have another thread about it.

Though its odd it will not communicate at all with Boot1 floating. I thought it would connect and upload, but the upload is supposed to go into RAM, which is not much use to us.

stevestrong

Postby stevestrong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:19 pm

I think, when the BOOT1 is high at reset, the CPU jumps into nirvana (SRAM), so that it cannot execute the upload code if SRAM contains trash. Or am I missing something?

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:54 pm

Steve

I dont think boot1 comes into play unless boot0 is high, otherwise the booting of the Maple mini would be unreliable, as boot1 is floating.

IMHO this is a design mistake by Leaflabs and they should have added a pulldown e.g. perhap 47k on boot1

xxLogamxx

Postby xxLogamxx » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:50 pm

Could upload the bootloader, the problem was solder paste, dirt, but did not understand the reason que solder paste hinders the operation. Simply used the product to clean board, and ran upload the bootloader. The problem after uploading the bootloader, the board is not recognized in the USB, it is only the LED flashing continuously. Any suggestion?

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 am

xxLogamxx wrote:Could upload the bootloader, the problem was solder paste, dirt, but did not understand the reason que solder paste hinders the operation. Simply used the product to clean board, and ran upload the bootloader. The problem after uploading the bootloader, the board is not recognized in the USB, it is only the LED flashing continuously. Any suggestion?

LED flashing means no sketch to run.

Not recognised by Windows, probably means you didn't load the drivers.

Please read the FAQ in the Welcome section, most things are covered in there.

xxLogamxx

Postby xxLogamxx » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:40 pm

I have already installed the windows drivers as FAQ, but does not work. I looked in the mini maple site:

"The first team you upload the program after installing the new bootloader, there is the need to select the serial port in the IDE [1]. Perform this first upload with the serial port selected. The IDE will emit a warning about not finding a serial port, but the will still succeed upload. in subsequent uploads, select the serial port as you would Normally. "

I've tried using maple IDE, but without success. In Linux the following error appears using the Arduino IDE:
dfu-util 0.8

dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in the future dfu-util release !!!
Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is free software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util@lists.gnumonks.org

dfu-util: In DFU capable USB device available

On Linux using the Maple IDE:

Loading via dfu-util
Resetting to bootloader via DTR pulse

Reset USB Serial Failed! Did you select the right serial serial port?
Assuming the board is in perpetual bootloader mode and continuing to attempt dfu programming ...

Searching for DFU device [1EAF: 0003] ...
Error!

Could not find the DFU device: [1EAF: 0003]

Any suggestion?

xxLogamxx

Postby xxLogamxx » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:00 pm

As researched forum, tested with older gcc 4.8.5 and still does not work. By uploading the bootloader it is without error, but the output of dmesg:
[8814.584290] usb 3-3: new full-speed USB device number 113 using OHCI-pci
[8814.992261] usb 3-3: device not accepting address 113, error -62
[8814.992316] usb usb3-port3: Unable to enumerate USB device

Return to “Custom design boards”