Building my own board????..?

If you made your own board, post here, unless you built a Maple or Maple mini clone etc
Nutsy

Building my own board????..?

Post by Nutsy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:52 pm

So it was already the intention with my Speedo project that for the V2 board I would integrate the maple mini circuit design to the main board, rather than just soldering the maple mini via headers...

I didn't want to have to ask but looking around I couldn't quite find what I'm looking for, does anyone know of a open resource circuit schematic design for the maple mini? Even a bill of materials...

I realise I could just look at one of my boards really closely and backward engineer it but I would likely make a mistake :p

RogerClark

Re: Building my own board????..?

Post by RogerClark » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Its in leaflabs github repo

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:17 pm

cool thanks :D

Also, just another quick question. Is the bootloader compatible with the chips with higher number of GPIO pins? ive noticed there are a few f103 family chips with more ram and more gpios... Might consider this on the next version of the board.

Though While it is prolly wishful thinking it would be that simple. Im guessing i may have to tweak the boot loader to work with the extra ram and pins?

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Yes

The bootloader works with all of them.

You may just need to tailor which pins are used for the LED on the bootloader and which pin has a button to enter perpetual bootloader, if you look in the binaries folder for the bootloader you'll see various versions, some of which have the LED on quite high port / pin numbers e.g. PGx or PDx (I can't remember the exact pins used)

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 am

Ahh great :) Good to know. Thanks again roger... Now all i need to do is find a decent library for all the stmf1 family :p Or at least make one myself...

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 am

If you are designing in KiCad, you should checkout what @strawberryMaker did for his 3D printer board (using STM32) as he built a load of KiCad libs

If you are using Eagle, I think all you need is in the leaflabs repo