Another type of board

If you made your own board, post here, unless you built a Maple or Maple mini clone etc
CAN_D man

Another type of board

Postby CAN_D man » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:09 am

As is this is my first post here I would just like to say thank you to everyone for their hard work in bringing the simplicity of Arduino to STM chips.
I don't know if I should post this in projects or boards as it is my project and a new board. Anyways, I have been working on this project for the last year and would love any thoughts or input from others in the community.

With CAN_D box (http://can-dbox.com/) the idea is not to build another development board but to create a system for easily assembling projects. No shields, no breadboards, no Tupperware / Rubbermaid cases, just a simple box with 2 waterproof connectors. Right now I am still playing with my second prototype, designed for basic I/O. If things go well eventually developing more boxes with different features (Wifi, Bluetooth, servo controller, etc.).

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!

RogerClark

Re: Another type of board

Postby RogerClark » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi Can_D_man

At the moment I don't think anyone has looked closely at CAN support.

There is this posting on CAN, but its an old code from the leaflabs days viewtopic.php?t=72 so may need some work to port it.

However I think all the F103 devices have hardware CAN support, which is a good start ;-)

CAN_D man

Re: Another type of board

Postby CAN_D man » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 pm

The firmware is not a problem for me, I have done CAN with the STM chips on other projects. One of the biggest obstacles (or I thought) was going to be getting it to work with the Arduino IDE, but then I found this group.
CAN is not difficult unless one is trying to integrate their project into an existing network. But creating your own network with your own CAN protocol is surprisingly easy and quite robust (that's why I picked it).

Return to “Custom design boards”