Turning a BluePill into a BMP

Y@@J

Turning a BluePill into a BMP

Post by Y@@J »

Hello,

I am experimenting with a BluePill as a BMP.
I'm not really used to Linux, I didn't want to bother with the toolchain. I didn't find anything about Windows, all tutorials being for Linux, including building from sources. I attempted to flash precompiled files with the Windows STM32 ST-Link Utility. This way :

First, I flashed a BluePill with bluepill-diagnostics-v1.631.bin, using a ST-Link v2 and verified it is genuine, and comes with the 64KB bonus. Test = OK.
Then, I downloaded blackmagic_dfu.bin and blackmagic.bin from this page : https://jeelabs.org/202x/bmp/

I flashed blackmagic_dfu.bin (8KB) starting from 0x08000000 using ST-Link Utility
and then blackmagic.bin (80KB) starting from 0x08002000

ST-Link utility didn't complain about writing memory addresses beyond the displayed capacity (64KB). Reading memory with ST-Link Utility, it seems 80KB of data were written... At the end of the 80KB, I can read "ASCII", and I also read this string at the end of the bin file. Seems OK.

Then, I connected the BluePill to a USB port, installed drivers using Zadig, and got new devices in the Device Manager. 2x "Black Magic xxx" USB devices and 2x generic serial ports over USB.

Before I eventually fail attempting to use this BMP, does this look OK ?

Next steps : getting this to work with Arduino IDE (at least for flashing Blink), and then with Visual Studio + Visual Micro, running the GDB server with a couple of breakpoints. (until now, I've only been using GDB server on a RasPi, compiling from Visual Studio). Crossing fingers.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.47 KiB) Viewed 11193 times

Return to “Black Magic Probe & other”