Troublesome Issues with Program Upload on Blue Pill Board

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
Lucas Cartaman

Troublesome Issues with Program Upload on Blue Pill Board

Post by Lucas Cartaman »

A few months ago, I bought a Blue Pill board and conducted several tests with it, always using the Arduino IDE on a breadboard. Today, I wanted to create a more final project, so I used a universal PCB. After finishing it and double-checking all the connections, I attempted to upload a program and encountered the following error:

stm32flash 0.4
Failed to init device.

http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Raw BINARY
Interface serial_w32: 115200 8E1

Things I've already tried include verifying the correct position of BOOT0 and ensuring it's receiving 3.3V, checking the FTDI connection, switching to a different FTDI module, using the FTDI from an Arduino UNO, restarting the computer, changing the COM port, and swapping the RX and TX pins, try example codes.

I get the same error even if I disconnect the RX and TX pins from the FTDI, making it seem as if pins A10 and A9 (corresponding to RX1 and TX1, respectively) may have stopped working.

Is there a way to verify that these pins are functioning properly?

I saw that it's possible to update the flash to directly upload a program without the need for the FTDI. Does this method work in the Arduino IDE?

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm a beginner with this microcontroller. I'm not quite sure where else to turn for help.
dannyf

Re: Troublesome Issues with Program Upload on Blue Pill Board

Post by dannyf »

maybe try to put a stlink on it?

Return to “General discussion”