Bootloader failure on VET board

Bootloader for boards that don't have the addition hardware found on the Maple mini, which resets the USB
RogerClark

Re: Bootloader failure on VET board

Post by RogerClark » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:10 am

edogaldo wrote:oger, yes, the USART boot loader uses the HSI, this is documented in RM0008 (last note of par. 3.4).
OK. Thanks

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:37 am

So that other people who buy the same board know how to set it up...

Can you take a look on the bottom of the board and see who its made by.

I suspect its made by a Chinese company vcc-gnd.com

http://www.vcc-gnd.com/read.php?tid=377&fid=6

I think I've previously posted a link to the board on vcc-gnd.com, but want to be sure its the same board.
i.e the schematic says it has a LED on PC13 like yours does and the diagram seems to have jump links for Boot0 and Boot1, like the picture in the eBay listing

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 am

BTW.

I my VET board is this one

http://www.ebay.it/itm/STM32F103VET6-AR ... Sw2XFUh7Ay

It seems to be the same price but has a SD Card adaptor on the underside of the board and also has external EEPROM memory - and appears to be the same price

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 am

Yes, I can confirm it's the same board from vcc-gnd.com.
The only difference respect to the schema you posted is the value of R8 (the D+ pull-up) which in my board is 1.5k (also checked with my meter).
I've seen also your version on ebay but I preferred this one since it uses an AMS1117 as the 3v3 voltage regulator which, as I could understand, should be able to support higher current drain; by the way, also mine has the external eeprom as you can see in the schema, it's missing the SD adapter but I think I won't need it for my purpose.
I also have a ZET6 board which is like yours (with switches instead of jumpers, RT9193 as LDO, SD card and eeprom) and includes also a separate flash, it's about 3 USD more.
Last edited by edogaldo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks

I have the same ZET board that you do (I have both VET and ZET, and many others ;-)

Cheers

Roger

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:34 pm

By the way, one thing worth to note about these boards if not aready done.
The board's g.p. led is between vcc and the pin instead of between the pin and gnd, this means the behaviour is the opposite respect to standard Arduino and Maple Mini boards (don't know about Maple standard since I don't have any): the led is on when the pin is low and off when the pin is high.
This confused me initially because I didn't properly check the schema..

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Thanks for the Info on the LED.

This is quite common, especially on boards made by vcc-gnd, and I try to highlight this in the wiki.

Note the wiki page design for the boards is evolving over time, as I get a better idea of the information that needs to be displayed. So some boards list this sort of information but not all do.
Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to go though all the wiki pages and update all the things I would like to :-(