Bootloader failure on VET board

STM32duino bootloader aka Maple bootloader
edogaldo

Bootloader failure on VET board

Post by edogaldo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:26 pm

Dear all, I installed the "generic_boot20_pc13.bin" bootloader on a VEt6 board like this:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/141929437789?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

The bootloader installation appears successful (written and verified 7104 bytes at start address 0x8000000) but, once connected via USB, the device is not recognized; the Windows device manager provides message:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Some more notes:
- the D+ pull-up resistor is 1.5K (resistor code 18B)
- of course I set jumpers BOOT0 = BOOT1 = 0
- I also have a maple-mini clone which instead works correctly

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards!

RogerClark

Re: Bootloader failure on VET board

Post by RogerClark » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:00 am

Do you have any data on this board.

Initially I thought it was the same VET board that I have

http://www.vcc-gnd.com/read.php?tid=377&fid=6

http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?ti ... 3VET6_Mini

But your board looks a bit different.

My board has a 4.7k usb pullup, which normally works, but is not really correct as it should be 1.5k.

Perhaps it is this board. https://translate.google.com.au/transla ... rev=search

Can you see any markings that indicate who made it ?

Edit. The diagram on the page I linked to looks like you board, but the schematic doesnt match, as the board silkscreen has pc13 next to the LED but the schematic has PD9

but perhaps they posted the wrong schematic

You could try the generic PB9 bootloader and see if the LED flashes

Alternatively, try uploading a Blink sketch via serial and confirm which pin the LED is on

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:51 am

Thank you Roger!
I performed some further test via serial and I observed a strange behaviour:
- first of all, I'm using the stm32loader.py with Python 2.7 and a CH340 based usb2serial adapter
- I created a blink sketch to test PC13 and uploaded it via serial: upload claimed success (got acks for both write and verify) but no blink...
- then I double checked the upload launching a separated verify: I got errors with pattern "0xADDR: 0xVAL vs 0xff" for each byte (sample error: "0x1b59: 0x0 vs 0xff") so it looks like the uploads are not really successful...
- I then tried launching also "ReadoutUnprotect" and "WriteUnprotect" but they fail: I get the first ack but not the second (nether a nack, no response at all)..

Any idea on what could be the problem?

Thanks again in advance and best!

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am

Are you using Linux or WIndows? (or OSX)?

If you are using Windows, you can use STM's own uploader, as you can reset the read only locks etc that way.

Also.
Try using Serial.print

As Serial maps to the USART 1 i.e you USB to serial converter

I'd recommend just writing something like ...

(Totally untested code, but you see what I mean)

Code: Select all

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(115200);
}

void loop()
{
Serial.println(c++);
delay(250);
}
and upload

Also try flashing pin PB9 not PC13, as the silk screen may be wrong

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 am

What a dumb!
Verification is OK, I forgot to remove the "erase" option from the verification command line that I created as a c&p of the write one..
Then I'll perform some further investigation and I case I come back.

Thanks again and best, E.

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:20 am

Hi Roger, I'm using windows 8.1.
I tried blinking on PC13, PB9 and PD9 but no luck.
I also tried following code as you suggested:

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(115200);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  Serial.println("Test");
  Serial.println();
}
but I get no messages from the Serial interface..

The way I'm building and deploying the sketches is via Arduino IDE:
- set jumpers BOOT0 = 1 and BOOT1 = 0 on the board
- select board "Generic STM32F103V series"
- select variant "STM32F103VE"
- select upload method "Serial"
- select the correct com port ("com5" in my case)

When run "Upload" I get "Done Uploading" with logs:

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -w -DDEBUG_LEVEL=DEBUG_NONE -MMD -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -DBOARD_generic_stm32f103v -DVECT_TAB_ADDR=0x8000000 -DERROR_LED_PORT=GPIOE -DERROR_LED_PIN=6 -mcpu=cortex-m3 -DF_CPU=72000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_GENERIC_STM32F103V -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32F1 -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/stm32f1/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/stm32f1 -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/usb_lib -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v C:\myname\Arduino\build\EdoTestSerial_00.cpp -o C:\myname\Arduino\build\EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -MMD -mcpu=cortex-m3 -DF_CPU=72000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_GENERIC_STM32F103V -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32F1 -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/stm32f1/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/stm32f1 -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/usb_lib -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v C:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v\wirish\start.S -o C:\myname\Arduino\build\start.S.o 
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\start_c.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\syscalls.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\board.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\boards.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\boards_setup.cpp.o
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -MMD -mcpu=cortex-m3 -DF_CPU=72000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_GENERIC_STM32F103V -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32F1 -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/stm32f1/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/stm32f1 -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/usb_lib -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v C:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple\libmaple\exc.S -o C:\myname\Arduino\build\exc.S.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -MMD -mcpu=cortex-m3 -DF_CPU=72000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_GENERIC_STM32F103V -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32F1 -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/stm32f1/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/stm32f1 -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/usb_lib -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v C:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple\libmaple\stm32f1\performance\isrs.S -o C:\myname\Arduino\build\isrs.S.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -MMD -mcpu=cortex-m3 -DF_CPU=72000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_GENERIC_STM32F103V -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32F1 -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -DMCU_STM32F103VE -mthumb -march=armv7-m -D__STM32F1__ -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/stm32f1/include -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/stm32f1 -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\system/libmaple/usb/usb_lib -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple -IC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v C:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\cores\maple\libmaple\stm32f1\performance\vector_table.S -o C:\myname\Arduino\build\vector_table.S.o 
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\dtostrf.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\hooks.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\itoa.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\adc.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\adc_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\bkp_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\dac.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\dma.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\dma_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\exti.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\exti_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\flash.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\fsmc_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\gpio.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\gpio_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\i2c.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\i2c_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\iwdg.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\nvic.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\pwr.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\rcc.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\rcc_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\spi.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\spi_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\systick.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\timer.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\timer_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usart.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usart_f1.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usart_private.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_cdcacm.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_reg_map.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_core.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_init.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_mem.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_regs.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\util.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\util_hooks.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\cxxabi-compat.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\ext_interrupts.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\HardwareSerial.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\HardwareTimer.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\IPAddress.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\main.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\Print.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\pwm.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wiring_pulse_f1.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_debug.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_digital_f1.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\Stream.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_serial.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_analog.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_digital.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_math.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_shift.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_time.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\myname\Arduino\build\WString.cpp.o
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\exc.S.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\isrs.S.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\vector_table.S.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\dtostrf.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\hooks.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\itoa.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\adc.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\adc_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\bkp_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\dac.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\dma.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\dma_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\exti.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\exti_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\flash.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\fsmc_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\gpio.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\gpio_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\i2c.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\i2c_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\iwdg.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\nvic.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\pwr.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\rcc.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\rcc_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\spi.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\spi_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\systick.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\timer.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\timer_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usart.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usart_f1.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usart_private.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_cdcacm.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_reg_map.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_core.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_init.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_mem.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_regs.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\util.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\util_hooks.c.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\cxxabi-compat.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\ext_interrupts.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\HardwareSerial.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\HardwareTimer.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\IPAddress.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\main.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\Print.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\pwm.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wiring_pulse_f1.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_debug.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_digital_f1.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\Stream.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\usb_serial.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_analog.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_digital.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_math.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_shift.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\wirish_time.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar rcs C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a C:\myname\Arduino\build\WString.cpp.o 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -TC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v/ld/stm32f103ve.ld -Wl,-Map,C:\myname\Arduino\build/EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.map -LC:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F1\variants\generic_stm32f103v/ld -o C:\myname\Arduino\build/EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.elf -LC:\myname\Arduino\build -lm -lgcc -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group C:\myname\Arduino\build\EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.o C:\myname\Arduino\build\start.S.o C:\myname\Arduino\build\start_c.c.o C:\myname\Arduino\build\syscalls.c.o C:\myname\Arduino\build\board.cpp.o C:\myname\Arduino\build\boards.cpp.o C:\myname\Arduino\build\boards_setup.cpp.o C:\myname\Arduino\build/core.a -Wl,--end-group 
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary C:\myname\Arduino\build/EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.elf C:\myname\Arduino\build/EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.bin 

Sketch uses 8,444 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524,288 bytes.
Global variables use 2,096 bytes of dynamic memory.
C:\myname\Arduino\arduino-1.6.3\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master/tools/win/serial_upload.bat COM5 {upload.altID} {upload.usbID} C:\myname\Arduino\build/EdoTestSerial_00.cpp.bin 
stm32flash 0.4

http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Raw BINARY
Interface serial_w32: 230400 8E1
Version      : 0x22
Option 1     : 0x00
Option 2     : 0x00
Device ID    : 0x0414 (High-density)
- RAM        : 64KiB  (512b reserved by bootloader)
- Flash      : 512KiB (sector size: 2x2048)
- Option RAM : 16b
- System RAM : 2KiB
Write to memory
Erasing memory

Wrote address 0x08000100 (3.03%) 
Wrote address 0x08000200 (6.06%) 
Wrote address 0x08000300 (9.10%) 
Wrote address 0x08000400 (12.13%) 
Wrote address 0x08000500 (15.16%) 
Wrote address 0x08000600 (18.19%) 
Wrote address 0x08000700 (21.22%) 
Wrote address 0x08000800 (24.25%) 
Wrote address 0x08000900 (27.29%) 
Wrote address 0x08000a00 (30.32%) 
Wrote address 0x08000b00 (33.35%) 
Wrote address 0x08000c00 (36.38%) 
Wrote address 0x08000d00 (39.41%) 
Wrote address 0x08000e00 (42.44%) 
Wrote address 0x08000f00 (45.48%) 
Wrote address 0x08001000 (48.51%) 
Wrote address 0x08001100 (51.54%) 
Wrote address 0x08001200 (54.57%) 
Wrote address 0x08001300 (57.60%) 
Wrote address 0x08001400 (60.63%) 
Wrote address 0x08001500 (63.67%) 
Wrote address 0x08001600 (66.70%) 
Wrote address 0x08001700 (69.73%) 
Wrote address 0x08001800 (72.76%) 
Wrote address 0x08001900 (75.79%) 
Wrote address 0x08001a00 (78.83%) 
Wrote address 0x08001b00 (81.86%) 
Wrote address 0x08001c00 (84.89%) 
Wrote address 0x08001d00 (87.92%) 
Wrote address 0x08001e00 (90.95%) 
Wrote address 0x08001f00 (93.98%) 
Wrote address 0x08002000 (97.02%) 
Wrote address 0x080020fc (100.00%) Done.

Starting execution at address 0x08000000... done.
but then nothing seems running...

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance and best again!

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:55 am

It looks like you are running Windows, and its compiling and uploading

Its probably worth downloading STM's "Flash Loader demonstrator"

STM now seem to require you to register to download it, but it seems to be available elsewhere if you don't want to register

So google for it and you will find places to download it directly https://www.google.com.au/search?q=flas ... r+download

You can do a full device erase using that program, (but I'm not sure if that's really going to help)

I've attached binary file that runs fine on my STM32F103VET board, and if your LED is on PB9 it should flash and it will output on serial counting up.
Even if the LED is not on PB9 it should output on Serial.

#define LED PB9

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(115200);
  pinMode(LED,OUTPUT);
}
int c=0;
void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  Serial.println(c++);
  digitalWrite(LED,!digitalRead(LED));
  delay(500);
}

If that doesnt work, you can try the USB mass storage demo, which I got from another board. I didnt compile this code, I think its just a demo. But it works fine on my STM32F103VE, albeit the demo only creates a 64k mass storage device, when the F103VET has much more flash. But its worth a shot

After you upload either of the mass storage, you need to set boot0 back to LOW and then reset the board, in fact I would remove and re-connect the USB.
Windows should then load its mass storage driver then it should add another disk drive that will need to be formatted (but its only 64k) and you can write files to that drive etc, and it uses the board as a very very small disk

This would just prove the board is working and the USB connection is OK, as the USB mass storage demo is not compiled under the Arduino IDE.
Attachments
mass_storage.zip
(12.08 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
blink_and_count.zip
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 am

Ok, some (not good) news: I also have a ZET6 mini board (this one: http://www.ebay.it/itm/291550089382?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT); I uploaded the mass storage demo on both boards:
- ZET6: OK, the mass storage is correctly identified by windows
- VET6: KO, nothing happens

Should I now assume the VET6 is broken?!

Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks in advance and best regards, E.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:01 pm

umm
sounds like its defective

You could check the crystal osc freq is 8mhz, but most boards are.

things dont work well if they have used a 12mhz crystal, but I would still expect output via serial from the sketch, but it would be garbled.

I think the serial upload uses the rc osc, not the crystal

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Ok, the bootloader seems working fine as well as writing to and reading from flash.
This tells me that the core seems fine.
Effectively it could be the external oscillator (btw: it's 8 MHz, I checked) so I could try with some test program that uses the HSI in order to double check the core.
Could it be you already have some available?

Thanks again and best, E.