Perpetual bootlaoder mode with reset double tap and system workbench

STM32duino bootloader aka Maple bootloader
logd32

Perpetual bootlaoder mode with reset double tap and system workbench

Post by logd32 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 am

HI,
on Atmega32u4 the caterina bootloader implements a "doube tap reset" detection so that bootlaoder enters in perpetual mode when reset button is press twice within 1 second. This is very convenient and due to reliability issue of the STM32Duino USB bootlader on OSX, which very often fail to find DFU or fail to uplaoad, i would like to be able to set perpetual bootlaoder mode easily. I know there is an IO for this but board already have a double dip swich for BOOT0 and fast charge and a reset push button.

Does anyone know how to detect double reset and set the bootloader flag accordingly (:in perpetual mode)?
Also, i imported the bootloader project into Systemworkbench (because working on it with command lines and make file is unnecesary painful) it does compile and uplaod fine however i never got it to work. The same compiled with the makefile does work normally.

I suspect some "optimisations" are the cause of this, did anyone get it to work after compilation and upload under systemworkbench?
Thank you.